1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Treason

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by leesw, Oct 29, 2004.

1. leesw

leesw Member

http://chronwatch.com/content/contentDisplay.asp?aid=10716

Next week the American people may do something they have never done before: they may elect as president of the United States of America a man who has committed treason against the United States of America.

The Constitution of the United States of America defines treason as follows:
    ''Section 3. 1. Treason against the United States shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court.''

U.S. Constitution, Article III, Section 3.

Read the full article at http://chronwatch.com/content/contentDisplay.asp?aid=10716

2. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

Too bad things have degenerated to the point where we have such poor choices in the two major parties.

I'm no longer putting up with it. If the big two can't give us decent candidates, I'll vote for someone else.

3. OrovilleTim

OrovilleTim New Member

I just can't wait until the election is over. I know it has been tense for both sides, but some are so engulfed with a hatred for Bush, they have been running around like rabid dogs... even on Christian message boards (although not as bad as on secular boards... at least here they don't cuss.)

I'll vote my vote, but I won't forget that in Luke 4:5-7 we find out who really dishes out earthly power: 'The devil led him up to a high place and showed him in an instant all the kingdoms of the world. And he said to him, "I will give you all their authority and splendor, for it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to. So if you worship me, it will all be yours."'

Eventually, "the ruler of this world" will be "cast out" though. I don't know about the upcoming election, but I know who wins the final showdown :D

4. Daisy

Daisy New Member

And yet, it is the Bush supporters who say others are like "rabid dogs". That kind of rhetoric precludes rational discussion, imo.

And the op accusing a candidate of treason is way overblown...the sad thing is that some take that slander seriously.

5. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

God has entrusted governmental authority to the civil magistrate, to rule according to God's law. Not to Satan.

I don't hate Bush, but I do hate his liberal, leftist policies. I hate Kerry's policies also.

As to hatred, I think there is plenty on both sides.

6. LorrieGrace

LorrieGrace Member

The thing is that no matter who wins we all have to live in the same country. We need to vote and then live with who is elected. The person that wins is going to need plenty of prayer and all this emotion that is now being focused on the election will move mountains if invested in prayer.

7. ballfan

ballfan New Member

Have you noticed there is a "Coalition Against Bush". People might say they don't like another positions but you're not seeing them rail against them like the do against Bush. More simply stated--BUSH HATERS.

Even Kerry who committed treason is not railed against in the same manner.

8. OrovilleTim

OrovilleTim New Member

:confused: I had said "..some are so engulfed with a hatred for Bush, they have been running around like rabid dogs.." Seems clear I was talking about people being consumed by hatred of Bush. Everywhere I go online; be it on football boards, diesel truck boards, and Christian boards, I see some people are just so consumed with a hatred for Bush that are acting like rabid dogs and lashing out at anyone and everyone they perceive as being pro-Bush in any way.

It is just so sad to see so many people driven by hatred. It's not like those at this extreme are even sticking up for a candidate, or issues, or even take the time to state positions; it's just a total blinding hatred of President Bush that is the motivator or their posts and attacks.

Besides, you can't have rational discussion with people driven by hatred. I wasn't expecting that post to be an invitation to dialog, although I did expect I'd be pounced upon even though that wasn't the meat of the post.

9. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I see no reason for this thread to stay open, so now it's closed.
    Gina