1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tree of Life

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by webdog, Jun 22, 2009.

1. ituttut

ituttut New Member

We are born with Spirit, but we see what happens to the Spirit now since our first parents didn't eat of the Tree of Life. Genesis 6:3, "And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years."

Since they did not eat of the tree, they die a physical death. The life of the flesh is in the blood, as we see in Leviticus 17:11, "For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul." In the Garden they did not partake of that which was Spiritual, so the blood that flowed through their body was just that, blood of the flesh only. As we know there are two trees, in the midst of the garden.

If you partook of only One of the Trees, it is alone with either Live forever, or knowing Good and Evil. So to answer your question, Live Forever must pertain to both the Body, and the Spirit. I believe we can find this in Romans 8:10, "And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness". This shows if one is not in the Body of Christ we will die in the Body, as well as the Spirit. Upon entering into the Body of Christ we still will die in the Body, but we now have Life In the Spirit (which must have been dead). Then now being Alive in the Spirit, at resurrection (or caught away by Him) our bodies will then also live forever.

What is the Secret? We must partake of the Tree of Life, Jesus Christ. We've already eaten of the Tree We Shouldn't Have. We therefore die in the Body, and the Spirit for we did not partake of the Tree of Life. If we now eat of that Tree (Body of Jesus Christ), and drink the nectar of the fruit (Blood of Jesus Christ) our bodies will again live, as will our Spirit.

When we partake of the Lord's Supper we are not literally eating the flesh of Jesus Christ, nor actually drinking His Blood. We are eating of the Fruit of the Tree of Life which our first parents didn't do. They did not eat the nursing food; They did not take the free gift in the Garden of Everlasting Life, and those today that Refuse the Gift, our Lord Jesus Christ-The Tree of Life will die, and be resurrected in Body to be thrown into the lake of fire. Will the Body survive? NO! Only the Soul with its memories.

How Horrible for those that Do Not Fear God, do not believe Him. So many say I do believe in God (a God), but if we bring up the Name of Jesus Christ the hems' and haws' begin. That tells us they Do Not Believe God, and Do Not Fear Him.