1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tribulation Salvation

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by bro. coley, Jul 28, 2002.

1. bro. coley

bro. coley New Member

Brethren and friends do you have biblical proofs for how a person is saved in the tribulation?

Thanks,
    Bro. Coley

2. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    By the blood of the lamb - Rev. 7:14.

3. bro. coley

bro. coley New Member

so if they washed their robes, was it works? :D

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The only way anyone is ever saved - by grace through faith(Ephesians chapter 2). [​IMG]

(Eph 2:8-9 NKJV) For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, {9} not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ken

[ July 28, 2002, 10:46 PM: Message edited by: Ken Hamilton ]

5. KEVO

KEVO Guest

Bro.Coley,The bible says in Mat24:13,But he that shall endure to the end,the same shall be saved. So that tells me that someone in the tribulation is saved by works. The book of Matthew is not doctrinally aimed for the church age. If you go to Matthew and try to apply it to us doctrinally you are going to be as mixed up as a termite in a yoyo.That is what happens when you don't rightly divide the word of truth,2Tim2:15.
    KEVO

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That cannot be correct for as the Holy Spirit tells us in Ephesians chapter 2 if one is saved by works then he would have reason to boast. The Holy Spirit through the book of Romans also tells us that no one is saved by works.

Man has never been saved by works and can never be saved by works as he can never obey perfectly due to the fleshly nature inherited from Adam.

Ken

7. KEVO

KEVO Guest

Ken,that is true in the church age only. For example a person is not saved by faith in the millenium,you don't need faith to be saved then because Jesus is on earth. In the tribulation a person is saved by works.
    KEVO

8. KEVO

KEVO Guest

Ken, a person cannot be saved by works in the church age,that is true.But in other dispensations people get saved by works. Rightly divide the word.

9. Japheth

Japheth Guest

God tells us in his word ( 2 tim 2:15) to rightly divide the word of truth. Paul's Epistles are aimed at church age christians. A person in the tribulation will have to follow by Rev 14:12, by this time the church will be out of the picture..

10. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul tells us to rightly divide the word of truth. Where in the New Testament do you find these divisions you are making? My King James Bible has TWO divisions - Old & New Testaments.

11. Ruht

Ruht Guest

The only way for a person, any person, to "endure until the end" is through faith in the blood of Christ. For Christ's righteousness is the only thing that can ever endure.

Line must be upon line, my friend, and precept upon precept, and one must not be a forgetful hearer of the perfect law of liberty, but a doer, if one is to properly interpret scripture upon the sure foundation.

Those who endure until the end in Revelation are the same as those who endure until the end before Revelation, and that is by faith in the shed blood of Christ, God's grace. It is those who are covered by the shed blood of Jesus Christ who endure until the end, not those who try to endure through their own works of righteousness.

God bless.

12. Alex

Alex New Member

Are trying to say that because of Tribulations, as in Revelations, Jesus suddenly ceases to exist as our Savoir? Where do you get this from? Jesus will always be the way, untill he comes for the final judgement, not by works of any kind will anyone be saved. Who is to say that we aren't in part of Tribulations now? I may be stretching this a little, but because we don't have the antichrist roaming around, doesn't mean that we aren't. Don't get me wrong, I am not predicting the end times, only a thought for discussion. Just for the sake of this debate;Are you a pretrib believer such as I am? [​IMG]

God Bless.............Alex

13. Kiffin

Kiffin New Member

I think for some of us this is a strange question in that many of us who are Amill or Post Mill see the 3 and a half years, 42 months, 1,260 days as symbolic of the entire or most of the Church age and believe the Premill literal interpretation of Revelation to be Flawed. The answer is YES since from Pentecost to present the Church endures the Tribulation and we look toward the Blessed Hope of the Appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ.

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am afraid you do not understand salvation.

Christ Jesus is the only perfect person who has, and will ever, live on this earth. The only way to enter God's presence is to be perfect. Christ lived a perfect life on behalf of His people and they can enter God's presence as a result of His righteousness being imputed to them and as a result of His bearing the penalty for their sins in His substitutionary death on their behalf.

Ken [​IMG]

[ July 29, 2002, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: Ken Hamilton ]

15. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

I am going to jump in here and answer the reference to "enduring to the end" in Matthew 24. Since apparently some here have beliefs similar to Ruckman, the issue of the trib and the millenium are bot pre and pre.

The "enduring to the end will be saved" refers to those who will be alive at the end of the tribulation. It is their physical salvation (deliverance) that is mentioned. To say that every time salvation is mentioned refers to justification doesn't take into account the whole of Scripture.

Now that that "spooftext" has been addressed, are there some other passages that refer to works leading to salvation?

16. bro. coley

bro. coley New Member

so when does the new test. begin? :rolleyes: thanks bro. coley

17. postrib

postrib New Member

Note that the Bible doesn't refer to a "church age," but instead says that the church is "throughout all ages, world without end" (Ephesians 3:21).

Don't we today need to have patience, obedience, and faith?

18. bro. coley

bro. coley New Member

Note that the Bible doesn't refer to a "church age," but instead says that the church is "throughout all ages, world without end" (Ephesians 3:21).

Don't we today need to have patience, obedience, and faith?
    </font>[/QUOTE]WE DONT NEED TO KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS TO BE SAVED.THAT IS THE SUBJECT [​IMG]

19. KEVO

KEVO Guest

Alex,yes I believe in the pre tribulation rapture of the church.
    Kevo

20. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

Nobody ever needed to keep the commandments to be saved.