1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trinity Theological Seminiary

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Bearhouse, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Bearhouse

Bearhouse New Member

Banner ads on Trinity Theological Seminiary in Newburgh, Indiana are everywhere these days. What do you think about that school?

2. Bearhouse

Bearhouse New Member

I meant ``seminary.''

3. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bearhouse,

Trinity has discussed, cussed, and re-discussed here on the BB. You might want to do an internal search here on the BB and see what has been said before.

sdg!

rd

4. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==I think it is a good school. I am aware of the accreditation (claims) problem(s) and I share the concern (and disagreement) over the way Trinity has handled that issue in the past. However I am willing to forget the past and look to the future provided that Trinity does "sin no more". I think they are on the right track now. They are currently a "candidate with The Higher Learning Commission and an affiliate of the North Central Association" and very soon they may achieve real accreditation. I will be pleased for them and hope, and pray, that they continue on the right path.

Having said all of that many people in Christian higher education will not be so kind towards Trinity. There are several reasons...

1. They recall the accreditation "issues" Trinity has had in the past (and may still have since they continue to claim NAPNSC accreditation...NAPNSC is not an "offical accreditation agency). If Trinity gains full accreditation and stays on the "right path" then this attitude will change over time. However for the first few years those with a Trinity (graduate) degree who attempt to transfer (etc) to other schools (for a second Masters or Doctorate) may be fighting an up-hill battle.

2. There is still a "anti-distance education" attitude among many in Christian higher education. While the, so called, "secular" world has fully embraced this new educational tool the Christian world seems somewhat slow to embrace it. I believe this is a bad thing. However many of those who hold this out of date, "anti-distance education" view will retire in the next few years and younger (more computer friendly) men/women will take those positions. These younger people will be more friendly (in general) to online/distance education courses and degrees.

If you are interested in getting a MA or MDiv degree online I suggest Liberty University. Liberty is fully accredited (SACS and TRACS) and offers the MA/Religion and MDiv degrees online (as well as Bachelors and Associates). Another option would be Southern Evangelical Seminary.

Hope this helps...
    Martin. [​IMG]

5. Bearhouse

Bearhouse New Member

Thank you, Martin. In fact, I just became a student there last month. I posted that question to make sure I didn't make any mistake. I ran a search here and I noticed that the school didn't exactly have an excellent reputation on this board. But I guess I will make the best of it. I am enjoying my class very much. So, I guess that's what matters. Besides, once they get accrediation, probably things will get much better. I don't have any plan to become a preacher or anything like that. (not at this point anyway.) But the study of theology is very fascinating.

6. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bearhouse:

That sounds great. [​IMG]

Enjoy your studies, learn all you can, do your best, and most importantly follow God's call in your life.

In Christ,
    Martin.