1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

true/False Calvinism Is Without error/Mistake In way Sees the Scriptures!

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JesusFan, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wish you would quitchercomplainin' and study the Canons of Dort instead on relying on the TULIP shorthand version alone. Read those articles --then report back to me first thing September 2nd. I'm givin' ya' more than two months to get the job done --Go to it!

You are misinformed. Here is his reponse to Heshusius : "I should like to know how the wicked can eat the flesh of Christ which was not crucified for them,and how they can drink the blood which was not shed to expiate their sins."

2. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Reply to Dr. Bob

1. God is holy and sovereign king in charge of salvation, and man isn't
    Sounds like truth, but Calvinism redefined "sovereign" not as defined in the dictionary, to mean "has chosen to deterministically predestine everything." This is an unbiblical view of "sovereign." It makes Calvinism sovereign rather than God.

2. Man is completely incapable of doing right in the sight of God and hellbound wretches at enmity with God
    Man is capable of seeking God through faith according to the Bible, and yet this truth is denied by the false doctrine of Calvinism. See Romans chapter 7, and the last three soils of Matthew 13. So the issue is not that we "do right in the eyes of God" but that God credits our worthless, wretch faith in Christ as righteousness, Romans 4:4-5.

3. God the Father selected (unmerited, unconditional grace) some hellbound wretches to receive His grace, to show the glory of grace
    This is partly true, but this does not address the timing of our individual election for salvation, and is unbiblical when it says the grace is unconditional, because it is conditioned on God crediting our faith as righteousness.

4. God the Son actually atoned and took away the sin of those selected ones so that they might stand justified and holy
    Completely true, whoever God spiritually places "in Christ" is made "at one with" Christ, and when they undergo the circumcision of Christ, they stand justified and holy before God. But Calvinisms understanding of this truth misses the mark.

5. God the Spirit re-gened the hearts of the selected/atoned-for ones so that they could repent and believe
    Utterly false. No one is made alive before they are made alive "together with Christ" which means we are regenerated when God spiritually places us "in Christ" and not before. Everyone "in Christ" is alive, everyone not in Christ is spiritually separated from God and therefore spiritually dead. Scripture says after we believe, then we are given the right to become children of God. When God places us spiritually in Christ, we become spiritual children of God born from above, with the right as heirs, to become physical children in glorified bodies at His second coming.

6. God the Triune Godhead keeps for all eternity the selected/atoned-for/regenerated ones and will lose none
    Utterly true.

3. Cypress

Cypress New Member

Please don"t.....the ricochet could be devastating:love2::laugh::love2:

4. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

As salvation is of the Lord!

#24 JesusFan, Jun 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2011
  5. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Reply to Jesusfan,

That is what I said but not what you meant. :)

6. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

? Please rephrase so that I can understand!