1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

True Forgiveness !

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by west, Aug 16, 2005.

1. west

west New Member

I have a tough question .I friend commended a terrible sin .He told me and someone else what he did and what should he do .I told him to ask his Pastor .He did and his Pastor said to ask God to forgive him and nothing about asking his wife to forgive him .We don;t go to the same church .Then he asked me what he should do .But I am pretty sure that the scriptures say that before God forgives the person .Who you have sinned against that being His wife has to be asked for forgiveness also .I know the Bible says that but can;t find it .He said if he did she would leave him .

2. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

We hear all the time it seems that all sins are equal in the eyes of God. While I believe that to be true, the consequences for sin are not always equal. Because the consequences in some situations seem to be terribly severe does not exempt a person from having to bear them. I am so sorry for your friend, and I will pray that the Lord shows him clearly what His will is in the matter.

3. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I agree with Tater. God will forgive sins, but we humans are still required to take responsibility for our actions. For example, if we steal $10,000 from a bank, God will forgive us, but part of accepting that forgiveness is returning the 10,000 to the bank and facing possible criminal and civil charges. That's a part of the repentence process.