1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

True Story (Humor and Agony Melted)

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Bartimaeus, Dec 16, 2004.

1. Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus New Member

While pastoring in Indiana, we had a couple attending our church that was of the Charismatic stripe. We were distinctly differing on doctine but we still cared for each other. He was 6ft 5in and white headed and very pale skinned. He stood out in a crowd for sundry reasons. His name is Bob. One of the greatest friends I ever had. He had an old friend that was dying of cancer and our church had been praying for him. The man who was dying was named Greg. One day Bob came to me and ask me to accompany him to Greg's mother's house as he did not have much time to live and Greg's mother was requesting a minister. I accepted the invitation and went. We had another brother from the church along also. When we got there we went through the introductions and general informalities and then decided to pray for Greg as he was lying on his mother's couch. The first brother from the church prayed and then Bob prayed and then I started at the conclusion of Bob's prayer. We were on our knees around the couch. The dire straights of the man had us all crying and asking God to save him and heal him if it pleased the Lord. It was a very intense occasion. I had one foot flat on the floor and one knee down as I was praying. All of a sudden I felt something warm and furry crawling up the inside of my pant leg. It did not take long before I realized that whatever it was had claws and was determined to go all the way. I jumped up and tryed to free myself of the creature but after much jumping, agonizing verbal cries and smacking myself in the leg and yelling I could not. Bob got all excited because he thought I had finally got it. I actually ran into another room and extracated the varmit from my pants. It was the family pet. A ferret. Greg and his mother were very happy to have located their pet as she had been missing for the last couple hours. Just one more story to add to the book.
    A true story and I hope it brightened your day.
    Thanks --------Bart