1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truly seeking an answer

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by stilllearning, Feb 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stilllearning

stilllearning Active Member

I started a thread on another part of this forum earlier today, because I am “truly seeking some answers”, to some important questions.

But it was promptly closed.(Because it was off topic for that forum.)

So here it is again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Winning, isn’t enough

Recently on another thread, I took up the defense of God’s Word: and although the thread was origionally about the KJV, it quickly deepened to a much more important subject” The Word of God:
    And because it was about the KJV, I was slammed with some pretty convincing arguments for the “other side”:

Well, the LORD blessed, and I was able to come back with some very convincing arguments of my own and lots of very probing QUESTIONS, that demonstrated that the “other side of this argument”, didn’t have a leg to stand on.

Well, the LORD won the argument, because NONE of my questions were even addressed, and all that sputtered from the other side for a while were personal insults.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Well today I am here to point out, that my goal in all of this was not to win an argument at all;
    But to win hearts.

To convince people to accept the fact that God was able to preserve His Word, without our help;
    And to be more open to the idea, that maybe all these man-made changes, to the Word of God over the last 120 years or so, were not needed in the first place.
    I am not looking for a cessation of hostilities, because that will help nobody.

If I am wrong, than I want to know about it; So that I can repent.
    But those on the other side are wrong, than they should want to be convinced of it.
    Some have tried to side-step this question, by saying that this is a none-issue:
    But don’t you realize, that it is “our perception” of God’s Word that is at stake.

Of course God can preserve He Word without our help: (And He has).
    But if we are tricked into not honoring it as we should, than we are the losers.

I am not trying to cause trouble; I am just wanting my questions answered.

Thank you

2. Peggy

Peggy New Member

So what are your questions?

3. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

and I replied...

Come on, this is more than a bit disingenuous. You explicitly started the thread asking for respect for the KJV...we all acknowledged that we respected the KJV but found more contemporary version better. You took offense to that and went on a long attempt to show us that the KJV is superior to other translations.

What thread have you been reading? You avoided most of the pointed questions with artful dodges, smokescreens, and foolish rhetoric.

Really? This is a bad attempt at a "winning" argument.

Good gravy...where's the rolling my eyes icon...

and then you say...

Aha! We again see your original intent in that (and now this) thread. Come on, seriously.

You're wrong...

The only sidestepping I saw in the other thread was done on your part. Legitimate questions were asked and you either artfully dodged them or simply gave a vacuous answer that was about the same.

.....then you said I called you names and played the "I wish we could all just get along" card...so I challenge you in reply...SHOW ME in the above post where I called you names

this whole thing is about his attempt at self-aggrandizement

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Don't try to avoid thread closures by posting in a different forum. Post your supposed questions clearly and with respect to other posters and it will be considered on its own merit.

#4 NaasPreacher (C4K), Feb 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.