1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trump’s donation history shows Democratic favoritism

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Apr 28, 2011.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Billionaire Donald J. Trump, an early presidential favorite among tea party activists, has a highly unusual history of political contributions for a prospective Republican candidate: He has given most of his money to the other side.

SOURCE

Rand Paul Demands To See “Original Long Form Certificate” Of Trump’s Republican Credentials

In a cleverly worded dig at the current circus sideshow birther revival, Kentucky Senator Rand Paul today called for Donald Trump to prove he has any Republican credentials whatsoever as his father Congressman Ron Paul prepares to run for the GOP nomination in 2012.

In light of the revelation that Trump has regularly contributed to the campaigns of leading Democrats such as Senate majority leader Harry Reid of Nevada, Paul raised the question, why should Republicans even consider Trump as a potential presidential candidate?

“I’ve come to New Hampshire today because I’m very concerned,” Paul told the Merrimack County Republican Committee in Concord this morning.
    “I want to see the original long-form certificate of Donald Trump’s Republican registration.”

“Seriously, don’t you think we need to see that?” Paul said as laughter and applause broke out throughout the room.

“I’m going to believe it when I see his embossed seal to his Republican registration,” Paul added.

“The serious part of what I was saying was that it’s going to be hard for him to explain giving $4,800 to Harry Reid in the last cycle and giving $24,000 to Charlie Rangel,” the Senator later explained, urging party members to look to potential 2012 candidates “who not only talk the talk, but walk the walk.”

CONTINUE . . .