1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Trump Brings "Law and Order" to the Front:

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Benjamin, Aug 17, 2016.

1. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He has a point with MSNBC. There's not much money to be made in that brand of content.

I don't think that all journalists are inherently biased, but I can see both sides of the argument.

2. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

When billionaire Jeff Bezos took over Washington Post, it was not to make money. He is pushing a progressive agenda.

HERE is a blogpost from UC Berkeley Journalism school. I believe this is pretty much standard fare for journalism today:

"Last year, I took my longstanding class at U.C. Berkeley’s Goldman School of Public Policy, Journalism for Social Change (J4SC), online.

Whether it is the Syrian refugee crisis, women’s rights in Africa, gun violence...

With the help of edX, we were able to teach thousands of students from around the globe how to produce solution-based journalism that drives social change."

A leftwing POV is pretty much baked into the journalism cake.

3. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He arguably wants to do both.

4. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

Arguably. It is telling that one of the first things he did was to increase the Op/Ed staff.

5. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My bet is that he doesn't want to lose money, but he obviously has social change in mind. He's a savvy enough businessman to figure out how to pursue both goals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They are going after their market share. They have demographics that they tailor for advertisers. It's just that simple.