1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Trump Flies With Gold-Plated Bathroom Fixtures, And You’re Paying Millions For It

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Crabtownboy, Sep 26, 2016.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wrong.

From the article:
    Trump’s Secret Service agents appear to make up more than half of the plane’s flight manifests. And that means taxpayers are now legally required to pick up the majority of its staggering running costs.

On a brief flight this month on which Trump invited a small group of reporters aboard, there were only about 20 passengers, not counting the crew. Nearly half appeared to be Secret Service agents.

Yep.

From the article:
    ...the Secret Service paid to the Trump campaign at $1.6 million. But a closer look at campaign finance filings shows that the U.S. Secret Service covered more than $2.3 million of the $3.8 million Trump’s campaign has paid Tag Air in 2016.

From the article:
    Taxpayers are now picking up most of Donald Trump’s air travel costs, unnecessarily spending millions of dollars because he insists on flying aboard his luxury 757 instead of a practical plane.

2. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So Trump should fly around an extra 150 people just to make the SS have a smaller share?

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Once again you have demonstrated a seeming inability to follow fairly simple logic.

Let's try again. Here is the scenario:

1. The SS does not ride on Trump's plane.

The government decides it is costing too much to pay the roughly 50% of the operating cost so they decline Trump's offer to allow them to ride in his airplane.

2. The SS flies commercial or on a USAF plane.

The result of the SS deciding not to fly with Trump results in them having to either fly commercial or having to use a USAF plane and paying the full cost.

Got it now?

4. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I figured a jet with fewer people, and therefore less luggage, would have lower fuel consumption costs, which would be the prime cost of flying a private jet.

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

The thing I find most interesting is that democrats are suddenly interested in saving the poor taxpayers some money after all these years sitting by and watching trillions in taxpayer dollars get lost and squandered.

6. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I see that you were speaking of hypothetical situations. My bad.

Could you explain how, in your scheme, the Secret Service is supposed to protect Trump if they don't travel on the same plane?

Wouldn't it be easier to assign a flat dollar value to the protection, and not base it on the number of passengers? Seems to me the more passengers on the plane, the more people that need to be watched, and the harder the job for the Secret Service.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo