1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Trump: I Have Intel that Casts Doubt on Russian Hacks

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Jan 1, 2017.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't hate Trump. My problem with Trump is that he's a liar. He says stupid things. I'm waiting to see how he governs. Correction, I'm waiting to see how his team governs. But if he's going to say dumb things, I'm going to call him on it.

Still waiting for him to reveal the inside information that he has on the Russian hacking that no one else knows about. He was going to announce his findings yesterday. What happened? He didn't keep his word again. Not surprised.

2. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Deflection of subject matter noted.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    do you even read your posts or do you just get all hopped up on your emotions and let it fly?

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And that is the important thing isn't it. That ITL calls Trump on things that ITL deems dumb thereby establishing truth that what Trump said is dumb. Do you not see the arrogance in your attitude?

5. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, I do not.

Once again you are attacking the messenger.

I hear Trump saying "I've never sexually harassed women" on a nationally televised debate and then within days a dozen women come forward and contradict him.

I hear Trump say that he saw thousands of Muslims celebrating 9/11 on apartment rooftops in New Jersey.

That Cruz's father was involved in the JFK assassination

I see Trump pretend to be his own PR person.

I hear Trump say that Mexico is sending their rapists to America.

I hear him say "he's smarter than the generals" and that "no one is bigger and better on the military" than he is.

I hear him say he's calling to shut down America to all Muslims.

I hear him insult Carly Fiorina's face.

I hear him say John McCain was not a war hero because he got captured.

On and on and on it goes. This is what you want in a President?

These are dumb things to say, yes.

6. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would love to know what this "inside information" is that Trump and his Fan Club put so much faith in. I think that he is blowing smoke.

7. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You accuse others of hating Hillary because of what others say about her yet you do the very same concerning Trump.

Your words and attitude give you away and you are blind to the fact that you hate him.

He hasn't said anything yet presumably because the hearings are happening right now.

http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/05/u...ommittee-john-mccain-russia-hacking.html?_r=0

HankD

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One who is pro-life and will not appoint a baby murderer as a SCOTUS justice.

AOBTW, On and on it goes about the Hillary's national security offenses ("mistakes" - as she calls them).

Like I said if Trump goes back on the abortion issue then I will no longer support him. Ever.

For me as I have continually said that was and will always be the overriding issue.

HankD

9. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    WIth all due respect, I don't think you have the capabilities, tools and access that a government investigative agency has to do the same level of analysis. Agents meet with computer manufacturers and operating system firms to build in certain systems/features that allow some deep forensic work, much more than private firms can do. Plus, I doubt you have access to communications hubs throughout the nation, like the NSA.

It's not a matter of simple skill or personal capability, but a whole surveillance infrastructure that you do not have.

10. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, as long as Trump does not betray you on this one (important) issue, you can forgive him a world of sins on other things?

11. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This was my assignment while in the USAF - Information and intelligence, I was based on the Ballistic Missile Early Warning System (BMEWS) line of defense to detect naval and air maneuvers from Europe, Russia and China.
    As a civilian IT Software Engineer I have done classified assignments for the Naval Underwater Systems Center (NUSC).
    As a civilian IT Systems Architect contractor I built a sensitive data encryption system for a world wide Insurance Company centered in Switzerland operating around the globe including America on the World Wide Web.
    I also designed built and implemented a Fraud Detection System for the same company in the branches of the Americas.
    I have the course requirements for a masters degree in Information Technology although I have not completed my thesis.

Is that enough or do you want more?

HankD

12. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes.

HankD

13. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It sounds like you have built intelligence gathering systsms (NUSC), and ways to secure information.

All of that is impressive - and you certainly know a lot more than I do - but I don't think that's the same thing as extensive forensics experience building a criminal case against offenders.

I'm not going to get into a contest here, but my friend told me years ago that they can track things down to state agencies and regions, although identifying specific persons can be quite difficult in certain countries.

My opinion about the matter is based on what someone who has done that exact work has told me. There are whole areas of it that he has not told me - for obvious security reasons - but I am quite confident in what he has said.

Obviously, you are free to believe what you wish.

14. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course. Also there is that which I am reluctant to discuss.

There have could have been criminal charges brought against individuals using the fraud detection software I authored for the global insurance company, however to avoid the publicity the individuals (internal employees) were fired.

"but my friend told me years ago ". This is a key BB.

The internet language is TCP/IP and it used to leave an audit trail of IP addresses jumping from server to server. The Ukrainians, Russian and Chinese engineers and just about anyone now with an internet engineering background can wipe out their audit trail behind them.

Its not just bad news at the governmental level but for you and I. We are totally vulnerable.

Look up "ransomware" BB and see what we are all up against.

Without getting too technical TCP/IP must be replaced, a colossal undertaking.

HankD

15. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, very possible, there are ways to ID those who provide this kind of service but getting them to give up their user lists is a problem.

You and I can hide on the internet as well.
    http://www.techlicious.com/tip/how-to-browse-the-web-anonymously/

These sites if they are not American have NO COMPULSION at all to give up their user lists to the US.
    This is one of the reasons why it is so difficult to ID hackers.

HankD

16. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  17. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It probably wasn't the Russians per se. IMO it was the Ukraine, possibly China.
    Although the Kiev hack center could involve individuals from Russia.

My own checking account was hacked by a strange alliance of Ukraine-Russian IT engineers in an ingenious method. It was out of Kiev but had Russian DNA also.

The bank covered my losses.

HankD

#58 HankD, Jan 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  18. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "I am asking the chairs of the House and Senate committees to investigate top secret intelligence shared with NBC prior to me seeing it." - Trump

Good question. Very revealing about what's going on within US intelligence and why changes need to take place...

19. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump shouldn't have used the phrase "TOP SECRET" Now they have a smoke screen and a ploy "top secret" now they will be able to claim "it's true THE RUSSIANS DID IT but it's TOP SECRET and we can't tell you why or share the evidence".

Neither will Trump be allowed to say anything.

We are going to be hoodwinked again, we the sheeple will have the fleece pulled over our eyes again, again - B-a-a-a-a! B-a-a-a-a-a!

HankD