1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Trump: "Obama is the Founder of ISIS"

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by InTheLight, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It certainly gets him media coverage.

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I DON'T FORGET........BENGHAZI CLINCHED IT!!!

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What do you mean, without Obama's and Hillary's HELP??!! Obama FOUNDED ISIS.

He didn't help them, he CREATED THEM.

Own what your hero said.

4. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are taking Trumps poor use of words and intentionally exaggerating them. we all know what he said and we also know what he meant.

5. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He said exactly what he meant. He was given a chance to backtrack on Hugh Hewitt and he didn't. He tripled down on what he said.

This guy is supposed to be a master negotiator, yet he goes around saying things that he doesn't mean? He is plagued by a poor use of words? He says things that "we know what he really means" (wink, wink).

Get real. He's an idiot.

6. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're delusional

7. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Ratings challenged CNN reports so seriously that I call President Obama (and Clinton) "the founder" of ISIS, & MVP. THEY DON'T GET SARCASM?" ~ Donald Trump

8. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nice try. Given an excellent opportunity to clarify his statements on the Hugh Hewitt show, Trump doubled and tripled down on it being a serious statement, not sarcasm.

Trump Hewitt1.JPG

Trump Hewitt2.JPG

9. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    yea that should not have to be explained. Talk about being impervious to reason.

10. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, the amount of rationalization that Christians will engage in to defend Trump.
    ---------------------------

ORLANDO, Fla. — After days of alleging repeatedly that President Barack Obama literally founded the Islamic State group, Donald Trump abruptly shifted tone on Friday and insisted his widely debunked claim had been sarcastic.

Trump, in an early-morning post on Twitter, blamed CNN for reporting "so seriously" that he had called Obama and Democrat Hillary Clinton the extremist group's founder and most valuable player. He added, in all capital letters: "THEY DON'T GET SARCASM?"

Only hours before, the billionaire businessman had restated the allegation with no mention of sarcasm, telling rally-goers in Kissimmee, Florida, that "I've been saying that Barack Obama is the founder." It's a claim that Trump repeated at least a dozen times in three cities since debuting the attack-line Wednesday during a rally outside Fort Lauderdale.

In fact, Trump had refused to clarify that he was being rhetorical or sarcastic when asked about the remark during interviews. On Tuesday, when conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt tried to steer Trump toward explaining he really meant Obama's Mideast policies created conditions that IS exploited, Trump wanted none of it.

"No, I meant he's the founder of ISIS. I do," Trump said, using another acronym for the extremist group. Told that Obama was trying to defeat the militants, Trump added, "I don't care. He was the founder."

http://www.startribune.com/with-rare-humility-trump-concedes-he-could-come-up-short/389959581/

11. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It was not meant literally. He has said so. Catch up

12. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, once he saw that he was getting beat up by the media, by the Dems, even by the GOP, and by the general public, then he changes his tune and tries to save face. He has a pattern of doing this.

13. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    that is your delusional assumption because you want to demonize him. You really have lost it.

14. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ya, thanks. I'm delusional.

It's a claim that Trump repeated at least a dozen times in three cities since debuting the attack-line Wednesday during a rally outside Fort Lauderdale.

In fact, Trump had refused to clarify that he was being rhetorical or sarcastic when asked about the remark during interviews.

15. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wanted to say that you just don't get it but I believe that fact is you just don't want to get it. I think you need to research all that he has said on this not just what fits your demonization.

16. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

Trump said in the interview, "The way he got out of Iraq, that was the founding of ISIS". That was his point. He is not the only one who thinks that.

17. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

Last year Hillary said a couple of times that Trump is "the recruiting sergeant for ISIS". I'm sure nobody took that literally. Certainly no one made an issue of her comments. But of course that was Hillary. She's allowed to exaggerate.

18. The American Dream

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump is exactly right. Obama withdrew our armed forces too early and that allowed ISIS to enter. If all of you that do not like the Republican nominee as elected by the people, then vote for Hillary like the rest of the voters without a backbone will. I see what if this or that person had won the nomination, then blah blah, blah..........The fact is, not a one of you got out and tried to get someone else nominated. All you did was sit watching this board flapping your jaws. It seems to me that those who do not support Trump are aiding and abetting a Democrat nominee guilty of murder and treason, not to mention theft and perjury. Donald Trump is light years better than Hillary. So for all you Democrats and Republicans without a backbone, go back to burying your head in the sand.

19. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Isis got their start in Lybia. Obama and Hillary funded them with money and guns before they became Isis to defeat whatshisface. Its the same junk we are doing in Syria

20. The American Dream

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen