1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trump Offered Cruz Some Sound Advice

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Aaron, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dems: no matter what happens, we're going to be suing on this matter.

Trump suggested that Ted should seek a declaratory judgment concerning the question of his citizenship before the Dems take him to court should he win the nomination and then the election.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1601/06/acd.02.html

WOLF BLITZER, CNN HOST: . . . Do you believe Senator Ted Cruz is a natural born citizen?

DONALD TRUMP, (R) PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE: I don't know to be honest, and I like him a lot. And I don't like the issue. I don't like even bringing it up. And, you know, it wasn't me that brought it up. It was the Washington Post doing an interview.

And one of the questions they asked me was this question. And, you know, they went with it and I wasn't very aggressive with the answer except one thing. You can't have somebody running if the Democrats are going to, at some point, and one of them threatened to bring a suit along time ago.

But how can you have a nominee running, you know, against a Democrat, like whoever it may be, probably Hillary Clinton because she'll probably escape the e-mail problem, which is disgusting that she's able to because other people have -- are doing far less had very, very major consequences. It's been terrible. It's probably going to be Hillary. How do you run against the Democrat, whoever it may be, and you have this hanging over your head if they bring a lawsuit?

A lawsuit would take two to three years...

BLITZER: He says he's a natural born citizen because his mother was U.S. born, a U.S. citizen and as a result he's a natural born citizen.

TRUMP: Well, I hope he's right. I don't, you know, I want to win this thing fair and square. I don't want to win on this point. What the Democrats are saying, though, is he had a passport.

BLITZER: He says he didn't have a passport.

TRUMP: Canada passport?

BLITZER: He says -- his aids say he didn't have a passport. He may have been eligible.

TRUMP: I think that's wonderful if he didn't and I never understood how he did, but everybody tells me he had a joint passport.

BLITZER: Yeah, a Canadian birth certificates because he was born in Canada.

TRUMP: Well, here's what I think. What I think I do, I'd go and seek a declaratory judgment if I was Ted.

BLITZER: What does that mean?

. . .

TRUMP: You go to federal court to ask for what's called a declaratory judgment. You go in seeking the decision of the court, without a court case. You go right in. You go before a judge. You do it quickly. It can go quickly, declaratory judgment. It's very good. I've used it on numerous occasions. I've been pretty good with it actually.

So when there's a doubt because there's a doubt. What Ted doesn't want to happen is, he doesn't want to be in there. I mean, I think I'm going to win. I'm leading in every poll by a lot.

But I have a lot of friends in the Republican Party. I have a lot of friends all over the place, all right? If Ted should eke it out and I hope that doesn't happen, and he's got this cloud over his head, I don't think it's going to be possible for him to do very well. I don't think it's actually possible for the Republicans to let it happen because he'll have this cloud.

So what you do is go in immediately like tomorrow, this afternoon, you go to federal court, you ask for declaratory judgment. That's -- you want the court to rule and once the court rules you have your decision.

BLITZER: But that could take a long time for the court because I don't think the Supreme Court has never really ruled on what is a natural born citizen.

TRUMP: That's the problem, is this doubt. People have doubt. Again, this was not my suggestion. I didn't bring this up. A reporter asked me the question but the Democrats have brought it up and you had somebody, a Congressman say no matter what happens, we're going to be suing on this matter. That's a tough matter for Ted.

Again, I didn't bring it up, Wolf. This is brought up and this was asked to me as a question. And it's not the first time it's been asked but it's being asked by a lot of different people to a lot of different people that are running.

BLITZER: Because, you know, your critics are saying you're doing Ted Cruz what you tried to do to President Obama where he was born, his birth certificate.

TRUMP: Who knows about Obama?

BLITZER: His mother was a U.S. citizen born in Kansas, so was he a natural born citizen?

TRUMP: Who knows? Who knows? Who cares right now? We're talking about something else, OK? I'm going to have my own theory on Obama. Someday I'll write a book, I'll do another book that will do successfully.

Look, with Ted, he should ask for declaratory judgment because that would clear it all out. And I'm doing this for the good of Ted, I'm not doing for (inaudible) because I like him, and he likes me. We have a good relationship.

This would clear it up. You go into court and ask for declaratory judgment. The judge will rule. And once the judge rules that he is OK then the Democrats can't bring a lawsuit later on.

2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Both of those articles are from January.

Pennsylvania judge rules Cruz is eligible to run for President
    http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2016/03/11...at-ted-cruz-is-eligible-to-run-for-president/

Judge dismisses attempt to throw Cruz off New York ballot
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/07/politics/new-york-ted-cruz-birther-lawsuit/index.html

Judge tosses Ted Cruz citizenship suit challenge in Illinois
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...d-cruz-illinois-citizenship-lawsuit/81153054/

Florida Judge dismisses birther suit against Cruz
    http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/sorry-donald-cruz-and-rubio-birther-lawsuit-fails-in-florida/

• Like Like x 1
  4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Grayson is an idiot

5. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

Remind them to be submissive to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good work, to speak evil of no one, to avoid quarreling, to be gentle, and to show perfect courtesy toward all people. For we ourselves were once foolish...

Obviously you think you're above the mandate of obedience to Scripture by your common practice.

6. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would that extend to issuing Dumb-Boxes to people?

7. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Glad to hear it. I don't think it will stop Grayson.

8. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Cruz said that he wouldn't take legal advice from Trump. Neither would I. My advocate never lost a case so Cruz may be the second-best attorney nowadays.