1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trump plan pushes Muslim Republicans toward exit

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Crabtownboy, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Muslims remain only a tiny fraction — one to two percent — of America’s overall population but many happen to be clustered in some of the most sought-after presidential battlegrounds, including Ohio, Florida and Virginia. Those pivotal swing states accounted for three of the four closest contests in the 2012 presidential campaign and each is home to more than 50,000 Muslim-American voters, according to estimates.

Top Republicans have already recognized the potential of Muslim voters to sway tight elections, particularly in Virginia.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/12/donald-trump-muslims-republicans-216623

2. pwarbi

pwarbi Member

To be honest I'm not sure that the Muslim population will have to much of an impact on the votes. I understand that in a tight election, every vote helps, but I imagine the turnout this time will be large enough to seal a majority one way or the other.