1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Trump takes Manhattan! Cruz teary eyed?!

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Apr 20, 2016.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Stop Hillary or stop Trump? Both are dangerous. Flip
    a coin...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

2. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope I will never vote for Trump. He scares me way more then Hilary or Bernie ever will. And as far as I'm concerned it is the people voting for Trump in the primary that are handing the election over the dems.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Thumbsup

4. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Me thinks you merely look for a reason, any reason, to not vote Republican and/or more to justify giving Hillary an advantage or worse yet to vote for her.

We’re not talking about hope of salvation here but making a choice between the only two options, by any rational thinking, and using our God given sense of reason to pick the one that could best accomplish some of our values. If you think Trump is just pretending to be pro 2nd amendment, anti-abortion, anti-establishment, protecting our border, and planning to pick conservative SCOTUS …well you don’t have any rational reason to believe Hillary, or hope, that she will do any of these. She doesn't even "pretend"...

Your reasoning reminds of those Christians who won’t take medical treatment while they claim their hope of healing should be placed in God. No rational theologian believes that is the message we get in how to follow God. ...and no rational theologian believes throwing away your vote election after election in the hope of a perfect candidate is a way to follow God either.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you prefer Hillary or Bernie's values to that which Trump claims are his values. Got it.

...and this is your scapegoat for giving Hillary (the dems) an advantage with your non-vote. Okay, if you say so...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh I will vote, I'll just be writing in Cruz if he is not the nominee. Actually if you must know it's Hilary supporters that I prefer over Trump supporters. No one likes Hilary meaning she is spending her political capital to get to the white house. Trump in all totalitarian ways is gaining political capital along the way. So if I have to pick a dictator I'm going with the one that has less capital to spend.
    So what is your excuse for your non vote for a Republican leader?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

My reasons for not voting for the Republican is that none of them, like none of the two Dems, meet my top three criteria. My reasoning hasn't changed. And you simply don't know what you're talking about.

There's more than two options. You've just placed your trust and hope in the Republican candidate being your option.

[​IMG] Forgive me, but I don't really care about YOUR values as I don't serve Jesus in accordance to YOUR values. You're making excuses to justify doing what YOU want because YOU want to control fixing things the way that YOU want.

I choose to vote for someone who worships and loves Jesus and other people out of the overflow and people who are against killing babies inside the womb and killing folks outside the womb.

I'm here to make disciples, not accomplish some of YOUR values.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Foul on the field. I don't care about any of that stuff. Trump doesn't get by my requirement #1. I'll spend my time praying for his salvation rather than trying to get him elected as President.

I sure don't. But I'm not voting for her either. [​IMG]

I'm a rational theologian and I disagree with YOUR rationale. Scripture tells me to:
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
    And lean not on your own understanding;
    6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
    And He shall direct your paths. Pro. 3:5-6

And as I have said on this board time and time again, first and foremost I'm called to be pleasing to Jesus Christ. If you and every other "rational" theologian in the world disagrees, big deal.[​IMG]

And I'll "throw away" my vote all day every day if it means honoring Jesus Christ and HIS way. And I , in no way, honor Him by supporting that which is against Him.

I didn't do it with the man who said Christians and Muslims worship the same god.
    I didn't do it for the Mormon who summarily rejects Jesus Christ.
    And I'm not gonna do it for an extremely prideful and arrogant man who isn't sure if he's ever asked God for forgiveness.

8. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

How does he deduce that you prefer the values of Hillary or Bernie just because you're not voting for Trump?O O WHy on earth must the Body of Christ support the devil AT ALL?

9. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you are a Republican and you vote for other than for the Republican nominee in a 2 party race you have made your choice, for Hillary, its that simple. Issues #1: With the SCOTUS nominations in her hands our country will never be the same as we know it. I will vote rationally for the best chance to stop Hillary and her agendas.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

A truly RATIONAL Christian would understand that to rest with Christ. But tons of Christians like you seem to think you can fix it. And thus you keep getting the Baracks and Hillaries you deserve for dishonoring God.

11. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then you wouldn't vote for Trump in thr primary since that is the vote for the Dems.
    Trumps has only been getting 37% of registered Republicans, there is no way he will get more then that in the general election. He can't win. He can't figure out how the primary works so there is no reason to think he will figure out the electoral college.

By the way the GOP can burn at this point. I'm a Cruz supporter and if the GOP wants Trump they can have him but they will not have me. I will be done with the party that nominates someone like Trump.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG] Not for president. Not in any rational sense. I fail to see how throwing away your vote is different than those who rationalize they are "honoring Jesus" by throwing away their lives with refusing medical treatment while claiming Proverbs 3:5-6 in the same sense you use it. You can't blame Jesus for your blatant inaction any more than the parents of a child who refuse them medical treatment can justify their inaction when their child dies.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You obviously have trouble counting then. There are as many options as you want to put on your ballot. They do allow space.Thumbsup

You also fail to see how supporting that which is against Christ isn't the same as refusing to take medical treatment. SO let me help ya. One is sinful, the other isn't.

Blame Jesus for what? Giving us exactly what we deserve for dishonoring Him?:D

So again apples and oranges. Supporting that which is against Christ is sinful. Refusing medical treatment isn't.

14. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Odd, right now I'm envisioning a scapegoat on a slippery slope. Haha.

You base this conclusion on a primary % that started with 17 candidates.

He knows exactly how it works, it is rigged by the GOP Establishment who OBVIOUSLY don't care if they lose as long as they keep their "jobs" while accomplishing nothing, as usual, and in arrogance these Elitists continue to believe they know what's best for the people.

I'm with you that they can burn, I just believe Trump is the one lighting the match at this point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Zero % of winning is not a rational option however you want to slice it.

You may not think it is sin to let your child die while refusing to choose what is available but I see it differently and see your reasoning for inaction following the same lines.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    People who would let their children die for lack of medical treatment think along the lines as you believing their inaction is justified while claiming they are resting in Christ. Again, we are not talking salvation here, you misuse the scriptures. That kind of poor theological thinking is what is probably playing a big part of why we get "Baracks and Hillaries" - Too many Christians burying their heads in the sand and blaming the preceding evil on an imperfect world like we are here to just be non-responsive and wait for His determinations.

17. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Dishonoring Christ by supporting that which is against Him isn't a rational option either. But you don't seem to have a problem with that.Sneaky

I'm not scared of Hillary or Trump. My eternity is set.

You see a lot of things differently. But sin isn't based upon what you see, but upon what God SAYS.

18. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The problem with your illustration is that
    If it's Hilary or Trump you would have the parents choosing between cyanide and arsenic for their child. I'm going with the third option of penicillin with Cruz. I will not vote for a dictator regardless of what letter they have after their name.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

To what INACTION are you referring? No one has said they aren't taking any action. You're just flummoxed because we aren't supporting the devil of a candidate you prefer and you're scared of Hillary.

Nope. I used Scripture correctly. You're just looking for excuses the same way folks did with the Mormon to justify your support of a man who rejects Christ.

Nope again. You get them because you want to be God. And in doing so, your desire to control things amounts to idolatry.

I'm not blaming anything on an imperfect world. The world is made up of people. It's Christians like you upon which the blame must be set as you're double minded saying you follow Christ on one hand while supporting that which is against Him on the other hand because you're more afraid of the Hillary boogeyman than you are confident of His promises.

20. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

[​IMG] And I'm not voting for him because he's made it clear that he doesn't love Jesus. His money has him thinking he doesn't need to ask for forgiveness.

His money won't do him any good when he stands before God.