1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trump vs. Cruz: The Positive/Negative Scores

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by InTheLight, Jan 21, 2016.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Look at the feeling thermometer in the latest NBC/WSJ poll

Trump's overall positive/negative score: 29% positive, 58% negative (-29)
    • Among African Americans: 9% positive, 81% negative (-72)
    • Among Latinos: 22% positive, 69% negative (-47)
    • Among women: 26% positive, 62% negative (-36)
    • Among independents: 26% positive, 52% negative (-26)
    • Among suburban voters: 31% positive, 55% negative (-24)

Cruz's overall positive/negative score: 31% positive, 35% negative (-4)
    • Among African Americans: 19%-39% (-20)
    • Among Latinos: 23%-34% (-11)
    • Among Women: 31%-32% (-1)
    • Among independents: 19%-41% (-22)
    • Among suburban voters: 30%-34% (-4)
    http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/first-read-gop-establishment-s-risky-bet-trump-n501076

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't buy it. Trump has a huge following. He is viewed by and large as the answer to politics as usual. His rally's are huge and there are other polls that show he has a large black following. He even has a significant hispanic following.

Plus its NBC so........

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you. Neither do I.

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I don't trust the accuracy of any of the polls. These folks are still calling my home phone. How many folks still have a home phone? And how many folks with those phones actually answer them?

I've got one just because it makes the bundle cheaper.

They are polling old, blue haired Middle Americans and extrapolating a lot of this stuff.

But I do believe those positive/negative numbers might be in the neighborhood of correct.

Political "conservatives" are actually trying to look for a bright spot because they know the GOP is in trouble when it comes to several of those demographics specifically because of Donald Trump's rhetoric which so many in the GOP are now becoming complicit of by giving him their support.

5. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's an NBC/Wall Street Journal poll.

I would suppose Trump scores very high among white males, probably his best demographic. But you can't win the Presidency with only that constituency.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo using Tapatalk.

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Now you know that there are some who are gonna challenge every poll you put up as long as it doesn't support their candidate of choice. Biggrin

7. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'd like to see these other polls. Who did them? When? The only one I've seen is an old poll from last fall that said 25% of blacks would vote for Trump if his opponent were Hillary. That's not a "large black following", though it is more than all recent Republicans have gotten. I have yet to see a poll that says he has a significant Hispanic following.

Besides the NBJ/WSJ poll I cited measures "favorability" not likeliness to vote for someone, though favorability is an indicator for likeliness to vote for someone.

8. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If anybody can find the internals of this poll, please post it. I find it strange that every ratio is negative among these groups.

And what were Hillary's and Bernie's positive/negative ratings? Why does the Nothing But Communism network tryi to pump up Cruz? Guess it's better than focusing on Hillary's legal woes and Sander's communist past but NBC can give WaPo a run for their woman when it comes to concern trolling.