1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TRUTH and What It Means To Me

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Matt22:37-39, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Matt22:37-39

Matt22:37-39 New Member

BRINGING BACK ANOTHER OLDIE BUT GOODIE...SINCE THE SUBJECT CAME UP MORE THAN ONCE.
    .........................................................................................................................
    TRUTH AND WHAT IT MEANS TO ME:

I was thinking tonight while in the hot tub, about something I had written earlier and is what I said is true for most, or am I the EXCEPTION? I pretty much said “Is it better to stand for TRUTH and what is RIGHT than to be LIKED” many would say it is better to be liked. I’m not talking about just what you say, but what you do as well.

Knowing my motto has always been standing up for what is right, even at the cost of something. I don’t mean to be obnoxious about it and I know at times I have, but for the most part I would have rather failed in my attempts in the eyes of man, than to COMPROMISE. As I looked back on why this is so strong for me? Why is this my motto for life and how have these TRUTHS seen me through life against ALL ODDS? I thought of four reasons I always try and go back to over and over again…..

1) TRUTH ABOUT GOD...His word is true. I believe that. Am I perfect at obeying it all the time? No, but I cannot deny its truth. I may not always understand it, but I know it is "BEST” for me and others. He has a plan and I need to find it and follow it.

2) TRUTH ABOUT MYSELF. Think about it... if we do not understand who we are, what we want, and where are we going, and why, then how are we going to accomplish God’s will or anything we may desire that he wishes to bestow upon us? We have to go within and be honest about ourselves...what are my faults, what are my weaknesses and what can I do to improve them, so I can be all that I can be, who God wants me to be and what would be beneficial to those around me? It all starts with being HONEST with ME.

3) TRUTH ABOUT OTHERS. Wow this one is hard for me sometimes. I need to see others the way God see’s them. (for the most part I try and do this) I must realize that not everyone is like me. They may not want to work on their issues, or they may see things differently that doesn’t make them wrong, they just think differently and are probably more RIGHT brain than I am, and that is the way it works for them. Everyone’s style of learning is different, and so are many other things. I also need to also be cautious and know most are not out for MY best interest, but often times their own. I must be aware of patterns in others that lead to a path I may not want to travel on. So understanding truth about others is important, so as not to take things so personal, and not to be taken advantage of.

4) TRUTH ABOUT THE ENEMY. I think one of the greatest thief of truth is the Devil, if he can LIE to you about God and His word, then he really has a hold...he digs even deeper when he lies about WHO you are in Christ, does God really love you, if he really loved you then why so much pain? He LIES about others. His greatest tool is dissension (being OFFENDED) within the body and even without, when We/Christians should be different.

So when it comes to God's word I will stand by what I know to be true no matter what!

2. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Is your shoulder out of joint?

I thought you might have pulled it out of joint patting yourself on the back so furiously here.

Most people who bandy about the word "compromise" as if they are standing for God are people who are really standing for their own ideals that they attach God's name and Word to to suit them.

I remember as a fiery, arrogant teenager I would not "compromise" on my stand against women wearing pants.

I didn't care what it cost me- I would not COMPROMISE.

It did cost me. And I was an idiot. A self-righteous moron.

I had bible verses I thought supported my stand for righteousness, but I did not know the first thing about how to interpret those verses.

The world is plum FULL of people who claim they are standing for righteousness- when in reality they are standing for self-righteousness.

3. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Hmmm.

I didnt detect any attitude of that sort at all in her post. :confused:

#3 Alive in Christ, Apr 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2013
  4. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

You don't think this sounds braggadocios?

"Knowing my motto has always been standing up for what is right, even at the cost of something. I don’t mean to be obnoxious about it and I know at times I have, but for the most part I would have rather failed in my attempts in the eyes of man, than to COMPROMISE. As I looked back on why this is so strong for me? Why is this my motto for life and how have these TRUTHS seen me through life against ALL ODDS? I thought of four reasons I always try and go back to over and over again….."

This is a person who says she is the kind of person who always stands for what is right EVEN IF IT COSTS her.

You don't think that screams "LOOK AT HOW GREAT I AM!!"?

She says she doesn't even KNOW why she is so uncompromisingly awesome. She's got four reasons that may be why she is so awesome. I appreciate her sharing those. Maybe we can one day attain to the level of uncompromising awesomeness she walks around with.

5. Matt22:37-39

None of what you said made any sense??? ...can you please tell me where you are having a problem? You can't argue someones feelings and opinions.

Be more specific?

#5 Matt22:37-39, Apr 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2013
  6. Matt22:37-39

BTW, for you information...a lot of what I put on here is what I wrote for my FACE BOOK, and if I feel it is good enough I post them on forums....I do several a week.

So if my posts and threads seem to reek of I-isms...that is because they are for those who KNOW ME.

Sorry for the misunderstanding on your part...you really shouldn't judge people so quickly on the written word alone.