1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth on Palin coming out

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by LeBuick, Nov 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Surely no one is talking this seriously.[​IMG]

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Palin haters do.

3. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

It is pretty serious when the candidate for the vice presidency of the United States believes Africa is a country and did not know it is a contenient.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/11/06/MN8L13VKU9.DTL&tsp=1

http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cach...in.aspx+palin+south+africa&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=9

http://www.elephantjournal.com/2008...you-mean-south-africa-fox-news-hammers-palin/

#83 Crabtownboy, Nov 7, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2008
  4. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

What is clear to me is that these Baptist Board Members who voted for and supported Obama knowing that he is for homosexual marrages, will not restrict the killing of live birth babies resulting from attempted late-term abortions, does not respect the parents right to know if a pregnant minor is seeking an abortion, will support increased restriction of our rights to bear arms and self protection, who believes in taking one's wealth and distributing it through .....no telling how many tiers of government agencies to programs 'for the poor' , who has inherited with the POTUS all the most recent legislation and executive orders which make the POTUS the most powerful position of any man heading a democracy on the face of the earth (or what little of the republic which is left); who has already demonstrated his intolerance for people who ask in depth questions or who use his middle name or ask his VEEP pointed questions or who himself will not answer ad lib questions..... they were all pre fed and approved..... who will not debate or answer a 'values issue' questionaire...... so he demonstrates a limitation of free speech and 'transparency' according to his own definitions. ......... how they (the members of this very board) are not content with the victory he has but see it as 'their duty' to grease his way into office with the slime and the dirt and continued ill will towards those who for good reason and conscience sake could not support their candidate.

Obama will never have to answer a question regarding 'is he a uninter' as long as he has slime buddies willing to do the dirty work for him! He will be as isolated as the Queen of England with all her power...... she has it but her rule is delegated to lessor figures who make law and do the governing and take the blame and are either 'in' or 'out'..... while her majesty is safely cocooned against the politics of public opinion.

5. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Help me understand, what does your long answer have to do with the topic of this thread, the geographic ignorance of Palin?

6. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

No!

What is clear is that several on here have a double standard....

Obama fumbles over being in 54 states with 2 left to go..... humm..... 57 states... and it is excused as he 'was tired'. Islam has 57 states and the US has 50. Of which was he thinking...... and where was his math.... yet on this board so little was made of this fumble, and most of us (including myself, are willing to take his word that 'he was tired'.)

What if Palin fumbled over Africa vs South Africa during a question or briefing? And you who did not like her anyway... come on this board after election to rake her over the coals for a not so straight forward answer....... based solely upon 2nd or 3rd hand information reported by news people who were not present but only are reporting the hearsay....

You who are members of this board and who bring it up.... will not give her the compassion of one Christian to another in considering.... that if she stumbled over a question...it too could have been 'fatigue' or information overload, or a question out of context with other questions. And from what little report has been given.... it sounds like she had the sense to ask for clarification.... You who don't like her, are fully aware that the dogs were after her to trap her any way they could and that she had the briefest opportunity to prepare for a national candidacy..... have you truely decided to join the dog pack too?

How about it LeBuick? How about it BaptistBeliever? How about it Crabtownboy? How about it you others who were for Obama? Where is your moderation? .............Or is it just others that need to be moderate while you are excused?:tonofbricks:

7. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Roger..... defend them all you want and call it 'moderation'...... and you missed the whole point! ........ If making the Republican candidacy better or the future of any other party better was the motive of this thread it would have been aparrent in the spirit of the poster who started it and the comments which followed.

Clearly it is not LeBuick's intention that 'Republicans' fix anything. And if that is what you wish to discuss.... I'd suggest that this thread is not the place to do it.

8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I am not defending or attacking the motives of LeBuick. Instead I am addressing the video itself.

What concerns me is that it was produced by Fox - which everyone knows has a conservative bias. If this had come from one of the more liberal sources I would have doubted its veracity even more than I do.

Saying that, IF these are facts which are eventually authenticated than it is substantial. It helps understand just how poorly this campaign was run. Republicans can use this to learn from their mistakes and make better choices next time.

IF this is true, and I have my doubts, it indicates the need to a strong, dynamic leader to step forth. Reagan did that in 76, but it took four more years for him to come to the forefront.

If this stuff is true it is evidence that Gov Palin is not that leader for the future.

If it is proven false, then the GOP may have their Reagan for 2012.

9. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Excellent response. Candadates, regardless of party, should pick a running mate who would make an excellent president. I would love it if both parties had candidates at both levels who excited me and made me have a difficult time deciding who to vote for. I was having trouble this election deciding until McCain picked Palin. After finding as much information as I could about her I decided that I could vote for him knowing, within my own beliefs, that his running mate was totally unqualifed to be one heart beat away from being president. As I said in another post, she would be a great friend, the life of the party, vivacious ... fun to be around ... but not deep, reflective and knowledgable enough to be president. IMHP only.

10. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

It has everything to do with the motive behind this thread and the position of its poster!

Give me access to your resume, let me see the papers you read, and your school transcripts...or your degrees and the schools you've attended....and I can do the research myself through the cirriculum guides, and I can find areas of knowledge where you are likely to be weak.....and if I focus on them......

And if I wish to exploit it as a reporter.... I can do so by asking the right questions, or carrying the subject in one direction and without warning springing a non related question on you.

And if I am in a circle of advisors to you on which you must depend for a quick orientation and study, and some of us are neither agreed or we are competing for recognition for ourselves so that our interest is neither with you nor our loyalties to you nor each other.... as is common in politics..... nor is there structure enough for you to know who is 'in control' but your expected to accept directions and guidance from everyone without a clear distinction of whose in charge; and, add to that, your prior experience is that of self-study and decision making and asking your own questions, and giving orders.... which is different from asking you to accept and depend on these advisors, then the wrong emphasis here, planting information there to sound like a lead you're expected to take and use, alllowing you access to both misinformation, or answering your sincere questions in a flippant and ill informed way...... will feed you into a state of confusion in areas which you already lack strength and may help you appear stupid. Furthermore, if I can get the right scoop of doggy do and peddle it to the right pig farm...I may advance myself by setting you up for failure.

I do not know that this happened to Gov. Palin..... but it is as reasonable an explanation as any other...... (I am not trying to excuse her in saying this) nearly as reasonable an explanation presented by Obama when he misspoke about 57 states.

Palin had little choice but to accept the advisors which she was given and whatever relationship they had with her and with each other. Obama and McCain each had the rights of choice who they worked with and who they trusted to work with them. Palin may or may not have had the entering knowledge for the job of POTUS, but few candidates running as VEEP have been challenged as much as she.

11. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

As far as qualifications go.... she met them according to the constitution of the United States.... which sets the limits low enough that ordinary people can run for the highest office of the land because by the rule of law, they are expected to serve the American People who are expected to participate in the running of our government ...... as opposed to being run by the government. this is a concept being lost here in the humanizing and socializing of our education system which is a form of indoctrination instead of true learning, and it is a concept neither understood nor accepted by peoples of other nations.

12. targus

targus New Member

This particular Fox News reporter was the go to guy for the McCain insiders. No doubt he is a McCain supporter and may be buying into the "it was Palin's fault" propoganda.

So far it is just gossip with a motive.

13. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have never hinted that I am qualified to be the VP of the United States. I am qualified under the Constitution, but do not consider myself qualified in other areas.

Educationally she majored in general studies and then changed to journalism. I have no problem with her educational background. she did attend five colleges in six years. That seems a bit strange, but does nothing to disqualife her. As far as I know she never worked in journalism, but that doesn't matter either.

Just because a person meets the Constitutional qualifications does not mean that I automatically will believe they are qualified in more important ways. I never opposed her as a person, never questioned her being qualified constitutionally, however I did and do question her qualifications in other areas, i.e. knowledge, temperament being two. I do not agree with her politically on many issues and that is why I personally could not vote for McCain. I did and do believe she would have been a disaster if, God forbid, she had become president.

14. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

I voted for McCain in spite of Palin!

15. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

I like Quayle. I am only reporting who he is often portrayed.

16. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

I voted for McCain because of Palin.

She is going to be the goat in all of this. McCain never had a shot without her.

17. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

An unnamed source is not proof of such idiocies. I highly doubt she did not know Africa is a continent. And it is foolish to believe such.

18. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unnamed sources... insiders... people close to the candidate... some staffers.... Who are these mysterious people?

This is what I would consider to be factual..... A video clip with full disclosure....

"My name is John W. Smith. I worked in the McCain/Palin campaign as a senior "will somebody run to Dunkin Donuts" engineer. I was standing in the middle of the office with Gov Palin and 15 other staffers. Gov Palin stood up and asked, 'Africa is a continent? Who woulda thunk it?'

Behind me (John continues) are the 15 other staffers who witnessed this event."

That's news in my book. The rest of this is unsubstantiated rumor.

19. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Any time you are traveling like she was and making as many appearances has she made there is bound to be times of discontent with staff and organizers, that is really no surprise. I'm sure Vice-President Biden is no picnic to travel with - just guessing, but no picnic

That wasn't what made her unqualified to be VP, not knowing enough about the world outside of Alaska made her unqualified to be VP.

20. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You must be talking about similar comments made by Joe Biden who thought that Roosevelt went on television in 1929, or who said Obama was not qualified to be President, or who asked Senator Chuck Graham ( a paraplegic) to stand up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.