1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trying to find a church in the south charlotte,nc - area

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Jachgu, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Jachgu

Jachgu New Member

Looking around for a Baptist Church in the South Charlotte,NC that is not liberal.

I really live on the SC side of the state line and had hoped to find one when we moved here.. but not one exists. Ok that I have found.

Any helps directions or anything appreciated

Jason

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    First are you looking for SBC, IFB, GARBC, Frewell, ect?

Have you looked in the phone book? Its hard to believe there is a shortage of solid Baptist churches in the Bible Belt.

3. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

I think the problem may be the definition of 'liberal', rather than the churches. This may not be true for Jachgu, but for some people 'liberal' is a term applied to anyone who does not believe and practice exactly as they do.

4. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Jason, do an Internet search using your favorite search engine.

Key words: Baptist Church Charlotte NC

Yahoo gave the results of 137 in/near Charlotte. Try to locate the ones closest to you first. Next, look for their statement of faith, somewhere on the web site. Take a look at their "activities" list, "upcoming events", etc. The combination of the two will give you a general overview of their approach to their "Baptist" beliefs.

Lastly, attend services, at those churches which appear to correspond to what you're seeking. To see if they actually practice what they preach on their web site. Some do, others, IMHO, do not. I know of one, not far from me, has overstated what they're all about. Sounds good on paper, but not in real life, I'm sad to say.

With 137 to choose from, hopefully you'll find the one that's right for you within a reasonable driving distance.

Hope this helps.

5. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Are you saying they desire a "repeat after me" theology rather than actually studying the text of scripture? If they are that lazy imagine what they are like in the workplace.

6. Jachgu

Jachgu New Member

Firstly, thank you all for your help!

I'm realistic that I won’t find that will fit all of my theological, ecclesiastical, musical, beliefs or preferences.

However, being from California... I thought it would be easier to find a church in the Bible belt that would more closely fit my beliefs... than I realized.

I am a Baptist that is Calvinist
    I believe in the fundamentals
    > thought this would be easier out here than California
    > There are Reformed Baptist out here
    I am a Historic Baptist
    > I don’t believe in universal church
    > I believe in closed communion
    > I believe in Baptist baptism (believers)
    > The Reformed Baptist that I have meet
    > are definitely Calvinistic
    > All have been very nice
    > are more universal church
    > Open communion
    > are open to acceptance of paedobaptism or baptism from similar

>While I am open to some topical preaching… I think that preaching in general should be expository.
    > I have a preference for King James but realize a lot of churches use NASB, NKJB
    > what is crazy is the use of 4 different bible during sermons
    **This is just a preference that I can deal with.

The other churches we have visited are all Arminian Baptists,

Now this is what I believe – no offence intended for anyone trying to help me.

Statements of faith on websites are of no use.. They a lot of times will just copy statements of faith from site to site. When I have inquired on like kind statements of faith.. I get no answer. Or no follow up.

Though independent in belief, I am open to SBC, GARBC, or like kind association at this point.

I am living in the Fort Mill, SC area and my Family are in need of a church.

We did find one that was about an hour away.. but I am in retail and until the Lord opens up an opportunity I have a somewhat inflexible weird schedule. I would go further south into SC away from Charlotte if need be.

7. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Sounds like you should be able to find something in the area. Probably won't be a church that advertises.

8. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh: I'd wager to say that is a fair assumption. :type: