1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TSA Pats high security risk 6 year old

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by freeatlast, Apr 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

TSA gropes a 6 year old to keep us all safe. This is what happens when irresponsible parents do not protect their children from an irresponsible and corrupt government that is seeking to do away with the freedoms and the rights of the people under the guise of safety. While my heart is overwhelmed about this child I have no sympathy for this mother. She has no business raising a child and the child needs to be removed from her lack of care because of her permitting this outrage.
    http://www.examiner.com/libertarian...merica-safe-from-6-year-old-girls-video-video

#1 freeatlast, Apr 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2011
  2. MamaCW

MamaCW New Member

Another post were I have conflicting opinions about...although, yes, it does seem like a little too much to subject a little girl through such..it goes right back to the fact that we live in a world where people are cruel and scandalous enough to try to smuggle something through by way of children.. it is a shame that adorable little children like that little girl have to deal with that..but at the same time, the employee is being very respectful, explaining every thing she is doing as she is doing it...and its a woman doing it..i'd see a problem if they had men doing it to little girls..

just a reminder of the sinful world we live in...the innocent have to pay for the crimes of the evil sometimes..

3. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

It is a reminder of a parent that has no business with raising this child and excuses her actions for the hope of safety. Also it is an example of a government that has gone bad as its leaders lack even the slightest ability to do what is right and is on the track of Nazi Germany as it strips its people of their freedoms and rights. No caring responsible parent would put their child through this. There are many means of travel that excludes this kind of outrageous treatment. There is no justifiable excuse for this.

4. MamaCW

MamaCW New Member

Honestly I can't think of other ways around this...but then again.. I've only been on an airplane once..well twice..trip to and back...and i was only on it for an hour lol...but yeah..i'm not experienced in plane riding procedure..i did think it was pretty retarded that i had to take off my shoes lol..but i know that by way of his shoes was the way that one guy got a bomb on the plane a few years ago..(cant remember his name..) ...i don't think its fair that people have to go through this..but it has to be done..at least I hope its being done to everyone equally, if it has to be done..and not just to certain people...I think that focus on the mother's ability as a parent is being judged a little too harshly..the little girl is being respected, not being abused, the mother is present and she is following procedure...again..i dont necessarily think this is right..or even necessary..but then again..its policy/procedure..if they are going to ride their airline/plane.. they should respect policy/procedure as long as it is being administered fairly to EVERYONE ..not just certain individuals.. and that its not disrespecting anyone...if people don't like it, they don't have to choose that form of transportation..i guess i just try to see both sides of the picture before making a decision on how i choose to opine...

oh and if them doing this is going to keep me and my family safe on an airplane..its a small..very small.. price to pay for my family's safety

#4 MamaCW, Apr 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2011
  5. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

DUH, common sense is one and the bus is another and no it does not have to be done. This is the mentality of a people who is willing to surrender their freedoms and rights to a government that is abusive and corrupt. No parent who allows their child to go through this should be allowed to keep their child. The child should be removed for their care and given to someone who has the common sense that this is WRONG!

6. MamaCW

MamaCW New Member

LOL.. calm down buddy..If anyone would like to agree with you, I'd be the first in line..I'm not really one who likes to keep my mouth shut when something is being done unjustly/unfairly.. but I know where to draw the line of getting all hot and bothered about something and just letting it go..especially because I'm trying hard to do what God's word says, not what my big mouth says..and the bible tells us that we are to obey our government and that we are subject to our governing authorities..if they aren't trying to make me do something that goes against God's authority..and its not disrespectful to me..i'm not goin' to get all crazy about it..

7. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Part of being a parent is protecting our children. Those who use the excuse that we are to obey the government at all costs like you are doing dening their responsibility as a parent and need to lose their child. This woman did not have to put her child through tis. There is the bus and other transportation, but because of conveniences many are willing to surrender their responsibilities and harm their own children. This is not a good mother. Men and women have put their lives on the lines and died for it and ths woman and others like her give the freedoms away.

8. MamaCW

MamaCW New Member

Umm..no.. I think i'm a GREAT mother, thank ya very much. I would do ANYTHING to protect my child...but again..I'm not going to be all crazy unless necessary...Obviously we don't agree on certain aspects of this issue..no one is perfect..I think its a little much to be as judgemental about this mother and her ability to protect her child just from this short clip..I don't live with her every day.. nor do I know her or how she raises her child(ren) and she's not putting her child in harms way in any way from what i see in this clip (unless you see something I don't)..her dignity is not being taken away..her mother is responsible for her and when she's old enough, she could make her decision as to whether she wants to get searched or not in an airport..i doubt this incident is going to cause this child to grow up with a complex, or feeling persecuted, or abused, or feeling denied of her free will..or anything even close..so I guess I have my opinion and you have yours freeatlast :)

9. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would be interested in hearing from some GI's who served in Vietnam. I have been told that the VC/NVA would tie a grenade to a 5 year old and tell him to run to the GI's and ask for candy. If you were a GI what would you do, shoot the five year old or let that child kill you and your 3 buddies?

No, I am not a 'Nam vet, but will someone please collaborate if that info is correct?

10. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well...maybe not. I currently live in Hawaii. I tried to schedule a bus ride back to the mainland, but was told there were no buses going to the mainland. So I asked about boats; wouldn't you know? The cruise lines pretty much only sail into Alaska or Mexico. I thought about hang-gliders, but can't find one with enough straps for me, my wife, and our two kids. Thought about swimming, but my wife said no. I'd love to do a personal sailboat, but don't know how to sail.

Okay, my apologies; please forgive my facetiousness. In all seriousness, no, buses or other transportation are not always available. Depends on the situation.

(BTW: I don't support the scanners, and I hate the pat-downs)

11. targus

targus New Member

From the number of times that it has been posted in this thread... it seems as though freeatlast has a strong desire to see children taken from their parents by the government...

The very same government that he decries as being too intrusive.

Quite an odd juxtaposition of opinions. :laugh:

12. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Then don't go and protect your child, DUH.

13. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

No they can be given to other family members,

14. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

No one is perfect? I see you have found an excuse. This is is not about imperfection. This is about corruption in our government and an irresponsible mother. Bad parenting

15. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

You should work for our government. That way we can just shoot all children under 10 as they aproach the airport and justify it with you logic.

16. targus

targus New Member

Besides our children, what else do you think that the government should have the power to take from us to give to someone else?

17. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

It would be nice if freeatlast's parents took his computer away! :tongue3: :laugh:

18. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

They are already doing it because of liberals who allow and defend this kind of injustice, it is our rights and freedoms.

19. targus

targus New Member

I can think of few if any greater violations of our rights and freedoms than for the government to take away our children.

20. billwald

billwald New Member

A waste of time but not a groping! No harm done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.