1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tuberville to A & M ???

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by blackbird, Nov 6, 2007.

1. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

If it were me---I'd stay at Auburn

But we'll see how much $$$$$'s A & M wants to cough up to get 'im

And we'll see how much $$$$$$'s Auburn wants to cough up to keep 'im

Any thoughts from the BB's die hard SEC fans????

2. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

I would think, he would stay put. If one isn't an A&M fan, why would a young person want to go there?

3. TomVols

TomVols New Member

It is widely believed that Tuberville is not happy in Auburn. Feels as though he isn't appreciated. Nebraska or A&M would likely come calling. One rumor has him going to LSU if Miles accepts the Michigan job or NEB or A&M. Another rumor is Saban is interested in Michigan.

I digress...I believe it would be a step down to go from Auburn to A&M, but when you feel unappreciated, anything is a step up.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that Houston Nutt would be a great fit at Texas A&M. :)

5. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I think he would be crazy to leave Auburn for A&M, but I thought Fran was crazy for leaving Bama for their too.

6. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

My daughter is a senior at A&M, to truly appreciate the school/life/culture of Texas A&M you only have to step on campus. Most everyone you walk by give you a big Howdy!, you dont step on the grass outside the MSC - memorial student center, you go to midnight yell practice with 20,000 other students the night before a game and hopefully you have a big bonfire before the tu game. Aggies dont have cheerleaders - they have yell leaders who are always men and dress in janitor type all white ujiforms. If you want to join the band you have to be in the Corps (men and women), and that band is Amazing. You stand up throughout the game because you never know when the coach is going to need you. a new student goes to Fish camp for a long weekend to become totally indocrinated into the cult that is Texas A&M - and by the way Texas A&M does not have alumni - they have former students. When a former student goes on a job interview and is wearing thier Aggie Ring (and who doesnt) and the interviewer happens to also be a former Aggie student - that job is just about in the bag! It does not matter when you actually graduate, you will always be the Proudest Member of the Fighting Aggie class of 2008 - or four years after you enter. Aggies dont lie cheat or steal or tolerate those who do - the Aggie code!

I'm not a former student myself - but after all the money I have paid, I should have gotten a ring as well!

If Turbeville goes out for an interview Auburn can say bye bye

7. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Another interesting factoid about Texas A&M - of all the schools that send students to SWBTS, Texas A&M sends more than ANY other school - Baptist or otherwise

8. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

I don't know about SWBTS, but didn't Joe Boyd go to A&M and was an AA in 1939 or 1940 or maybe both years? I know I've enjoyed his preaching over the years.

9. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Die hard Auburn fan and huge fan of Coach T.

I'd be really disappointed if he left, but I also understand that he's not happy there and, over the years, the athletic powers that be have made it clear that they're not really in his corner.

A couple of years ago, when there was all of the drama about the "midnight plane ride" that the announcers never shut up about, I would have loved to have seen Bobby Petrino take over, had something happened to Coach T.

If he were to leave now, then I'd like to see them put Borges in the driver's seat.

But I don't believe he's going anywhere.

10. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

I think going from a decent SEC school to the Big 12 is a step down...but with a school like A&M i can see where they could may the money worth it.

And were you serious about Satan...oops, i meant Saban being interested in the Michigan job if Carr leaves? :laugh:

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Isn't Saban being paid $4 million per year at Alabama? If the rumor is true how much would Michigan pay him - $6 million?

12. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I think you guys have the Michigan rumor all wrong

Its Les Miles thats rumored about flirtin' with Michigan---and if he wins the National Championship with LSU----he "could" command/demand more money that Saint Nick does with the Crimson Tide

Miles has a buy out clause in his contract with LSU---he can go north on them at any moment the phone rings from "The Big House"

And judging from his past "feascos" with LSU and Miami----I believe that Saint Nick would leave the Tide in a heart beat for a prime school up north like----Penn State(when Pappa Joe finally kicks the bucket) or some other Ivy League line up like Notre Dame

#12 blackbird, Nov 8, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2007
  13. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

The Big House buyout clause in The Hat's contract is pretty well known.
    As for the Saban thing, he doesn't have much of a problem selling his soul to the highest bidder apparently.
    I've considered Notre Dame as a potential buyer or USC should Pete Carroll decide to move to the next level probably could pay the big bucks Satan would ask for.

14. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

By "The Hat" reference ---- you do mean Miles, huh, bobbyd?? Never heard Miles called by "The Hat" though!!

I'm an LSU fan---cut my teeth on Coach Mac Football in Baton Rouge---then married an Auburn girl and got ministerially transplated to the Heart of Dixie's Alabama!!

15. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh: They tolerated Jackie Sherrill for 7 years :laugh:

16. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Saban will go where the money is and the ego food is served. And I pointed out in my first reply that Miles wants the Michigan job. Remember that Saban has Big Ten experience and ties, though. And given that Saban's numbers are pretty equal to Shula's right now (as far as record goes), the grass can always look greener when you just aren't measuring up. Only thing keeping his seat cool is his blowout win over the rival Vols. A good showing against Auburn will keep him cool. A loss against Auburn and Saban's detractors will get louder down Bammer way.

17. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you really think that Alabama would kick Saban out after only one season before he can even get his own recruits in place?

18. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

Yeah, "The Hat" is Les Miles down Death Valley way...in reference to the White Hat he wears on the side lines.

I have a step sister who grew up in Auburn and went there for college...it usually makes football season pretty interesting for us.

19. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Its too late!!! They've "pegged" Saban as a god---the "Savior" of the Crimson Tide

With 4 losses under his belt and a fall OUT of the top 25----that ain't exactly what I'd call "walkin' on water" :laugh: :laugh:

20. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    BUT BUT BUT HE'S ST. NICK SABAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

HE'S GOING TO WIN THE SEC JUST BY WALKING ON THE FIELD!!! :laugh: