1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Turbo Tax On Sale

Discussion in 'Money Talk$' started by Thousand Hills, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Thousand Hills

Thousand Hills Active Member

There was an earlier thread with discussion about software programs for taxes. Turbo Tax is $10 off at Office Max through Saturday 1/22. You can also go online to the Office Max website and print off a coupon for $10 off a $30 purchase. Just thought I'd share in hopes of saving a brother or sister some dough.

BTW I thought it was amusing that when I went into Office Max they had a huge display with the various types of Turbo Tax. All of the boxes are empty and the employees have to get the actual software from a secure location. I thought it was kind of odd, I can see people stealing certain types of high dollar software or games etc. But a tax program?

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Steal it and re-sell it for ten bucks - could add up

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

We get ours at Costco when they have the coupon as well. :)

4. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow. I just used H&R Block's Free file.

5. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Just be sure you buy the program you need. I learned the hard way. They wouldn't take it back...even in an unopened box.
    With Turbo-Tax I found their stuff a pain to use if you have anything a bit complicated and difficult to go back in the program and correct stuff. I'm not the brightest person, but I'm not stupid either and it really ticked me off. It was the first time I ever had problems doing my own taxes.

6. sag38

sag38 Active Member

I've used Turbo Tax and H+R Block's software. In my opinion Turbo Tax was a little more intuitive. Both, however, seemed to be a little confusing when it came to reporting a pastor's housing allowance. On both I had to override the program and insert the fair market rental value of the parsonage on the Form SE which negated my ability to E-File. Now, I just do it by hand and send it by snail mail.

7. mandym

mandym New Member

I used turbo tax and the IRS came after me for having refunded more than was appropriate. We just answered the questions. So no more TT