1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Turn Your Back This Fourth of July

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Dennis324

Dennis324 Member

*Deleted* Post had nothing to do with this conversation.

:)

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

That's fine Don I understand. No need to apologize.

So there's a majority of voters enjoying handouts? Where's the proof they are all enjoying it?

You guys make it sound as if everyone that is on some type of government assistance chooses to be on it. That's just not true. It sounds real conservative and all but that doesn't make it so.

The truth is Don there are alot of folks out that have no other choice.

The economy has collapsed on them.

The Economic Collapse….people envision bank runs, life WROL (without rule of law), piles of worthless currency, rampant homelessness, and breathless news reports on CNN and the network channels (if you happen to still have access to a television, that is). They imagine a grim, gray world, devoid of entertainment, with unwashed citizens digging desperately through the trash.

Because of this apocalyptic image, the idea of an economic collapse seems pretty far-fetched to most people. After all, we still see cars in every driveway, lights in every window at night, children going to school and parents going to work. Everything’s fine, right? The economic collapse is only a conspiracy theory, cooked up by those crazy libertarians and right-wingers, right?

Sadly, no. It’s a fact and it’s all around us, right now. The economic collapse has occurred quietly and stealthily. In fact, many people probably think that it has only happened to them, as job losses occur, utilities get cut off, and the pantry gets more sparse. They don’t talk about it because poverty is a humiliating state – they suffer quietly, not realizing that the next-door neighbor is probably in the exact same situation. They don’t realize that they aren’t alone.

Less than half of America is employed right now.

#62 poncho, Jul 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2013
  3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Got to wondering how we should update the flag to reflect our current national attitude and from of government. Why live in the past right?

CLICK HERE to see the new flag of the USSA. Of course to be a true reflection of our new national attitude and form of government it should be made in China from synthetic material derived from Monsanto's GMO corn or soybeans.

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are many - not a majority (IMHO) who are receiving handouts that do not enjoy it.

First - if the truly greedy were to have all their handouts ended - that would be a good first step- 1) less govt spending - 2) they would (have to) get jobs which in turn would assist the economy.

Second - what did folks like this do before govt handouts? Either family or the church took care of them. Thats the way it should be today!

A big problem is govt - with regulations ect - and these regulations come with paperwork. Just take income tax -for example - even a small business must have an accountant just to do the taxes - local, state/commonwealth as well as Federal.
    I support the Automatic Electronic Tax - no paperwork (other than banks - & all computerized) no filing, ect.

Expand this to many other regulations:
    1) Are the regulations required - if not revoke them.
    2) If needed, can they be streamlined

By doing this - you have freed up a lot of wasted man hours. The list can go on - but this should suffice .

I will mention - there are people who do enjoy subsisting off our tax dollars - and that includes some in the military as well as other govt agy's.

I am curious as to how many Lucys are out there?

But here is the clincher - sometimes we must - and its NOT a dirty word - and we need to compromise on some issues for the greater good.

#64 Salty, Apr 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Many.

The truly greedy? Do you mean the truly greedy bankers that we're paying trillions to rob us? Or do you mean the truly greedy welfare recipients?

Where would they get these jobs? Would they have to travel to China and India to get them or would they car pool to one of the the local WalMarts that fills their shelves with products made by people in China and India? People used to have farms to feed their families. Now consumers have giant agribusiness to feed their families.

Folks? Do you mean folks who get government handouts in the form of banker and corporate bailouts? Or do you mean needy citizen folks who don't have the same privileged access to the tax pool as the banks and corporations?

Side effect of having big government. This is an area where one can waste alot of time fiddling around the edges of the problem and accomplishing nothing in the end.

People in the military? There's people in the military on food stamps and not by choice. Why do we have people in the military on food stamps?

One reason might be because the people who supply it with all it's weapons systems and other equipment and support let's just call them the "military industrial complex" is getting the lion's share of the tax dollars and Johnny Patriot soldier can learn to subsist on MRE's and food stamps.

You find out you let me know okay?

I wholeheartedly agree but the problem is folks like you always want me to compromise and focus on something other than the real problem. Like regulations and whether he/she/it is a democrat or republican or a liberal or a conservative.

Why is so hard for you to compromise by letting some of that noise pass by and focus on what the real problem is?

You aren't asking me to compromise, you're asking me to focus all my attention on the little guy scamming for a few bucks while the real show is all the big guys scamming for hundreds of billions.

How about you compromise and start focusing on the true greedy scammers?

#65 poncho, Apr 11, 2014
  6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The flag and the fourth of July are about far more than the government. To turn your back on them is to protest the wrong thing in response to an over reaching government.

Not going to do it.

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

The flag has been captured by foreign interests. It would be more honorable to take it back in remembrance of those who fought to make it mean more than government and multinational corporations than pretending they didn't steal it and let them continue to turn it into a symbol of greed, corruption and hypocrisy.

But that's just my opinion.

8. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh good grief it is not stolen. Saying such a thing only shows you do not understand what the flag represents in the first place.

9. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Saying such a thing is admitting you can't see what's right in front of your eyes. But then you're one of those that is always trying to get me to compromise by closing my mind to the obvious like you have done.

Not going to do it.

#69 poncho, Apr 11, 2014
  10. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The flag isn't just about what was or what is now, it also represents what could be. At no point in our countries history have we ever got everything right, there have always been problems that we needed and still need to address. The flag represents not only those who strove to obtain and maintain our high minded ideals, but the ideals themselves.

I for one still believe in remembering those who have gone before me, so I fly my flag in their honor. I also still believe in our ideals as a country, so I fly my flag also as a reminder of what we should and could be.

For me, turning the flag upside down not only dishonors those who have gone before me but also in effect says our ideals are not worth striving toward. I don't believe that to be the case, so the flag will stay properly displayed.

My hope rests in Jesus, but I am also a citizen of the USA and will be as good a citizen as my conscience will allow. If this kingdom passes away I of course will be saddened but until that happens or I'm in the presence of my Savior may our future as a country be brighter than our past.

11. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

How are we honoring all those brave souls who suffered and died to win our independence and safeguard our liberties by accepting every form of tyranny they suffered and died to free us from?

12. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're wrong that we are accepting every form of tyranny. You're wrong that flying the flag they fought under, were united by, doesn't honor them.

Fly whatever you want, however you want, just don't deceive yourself into thinking it is honoring them because you're not. You are making a political gesture, that is all.

13. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's why we see you all over the board opposing the NDAA, the Military Commissions Act and all the violations of Posse Comitatus. You are only kidding yourself.