1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Turner School of Theology

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Rhetorician, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey Gang,

As I was surfing I found a new program with which I was not acquainted; it is the Turner School of Theology of the Southern Christian University. Here is their PhD program in Biblical Studies:

http://www.southernchristian.edu/pdf/Misc/PhD%20Biblical%20Studies%206.pdf

They also have and MA, MDiv, and DMin. I would like your observations/critiques. I have an MAR from Harding Graduate School of Religion, one of the Church(es) of Christ Seminaries. As I look at the credentials and "other stuff" on the web page(s) I want you to know b/f you go there that the SCU program is thorough-going CoC.

Therefore, don't be offended when you get there. But, "believe-you-me," one will get a world class education from a school like Harding or Pepperdine or Abilene Christian etc. within this section of the "brotherhood" as they refer to themselves.

Let me hear what you think about the program. Try to set aside any preconceived notions if possible.

sdg!:thumbs:

rd

PS They have changed their name to Regions University.

#1 Rhetorician, Oct 27, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2006
  2. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member