1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TV and Radio preaching

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by S. Jensen, Jun 12, 2001.

1. S. Jensen

S. Jensen New Member

What are your favorite TV and Radio preachers? Is there anyone you would recommend to a new baptist christian?

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I like Dr Adrian Rogers. He is the pastor of Bellevue Baptist Church in Memphis.
    He has a TV ministry called Love Worth Finding. The man is a very gracious soul
    yet firm in his doctrine and teaching (well, to me anyway). http://denig.com/christian/adrianrogers.html

HankD

3. firedome

firedome New Member

SJ,
    I would fine tune that station that God has directed you to, i.e., the church where you are at if it is a Gospel preaching, soul winning church. You cannot go wrong if you are under the Word of God. ;)

4. HeDied4U

HeDied4U Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Next to my pastor, I'd have to go with John MacArthur and Charles Stanley.

God Bless!!!

Adam

(okay, so my pastor isn't on TV or the radio, but he's tops in my book) [​IMG]

5. preacher

preacher New Member

When I said I'm in the mountains I meant it.
    It's almost impossible to pick up a decent radio station, & I don't watch t.v. so I do most of my listening on the internet.
    Adrian Rogers is one of mine also, & Maze Jackson(he's graduated to heaven) you can find him on

6. 4xBlessed

4xBlessed New Member

I like Adrian Rogers, too.

Charles Stanley? Isn't he the preacher who said he'd never divorce his wife, but announced their separation or upcoming divorce last year?

7. atestring

atestring New Member

My personal favorite is jesse Duplantis
    he is hillarious and edifying.

8. MARANATHA2000

MARANATHA2000 New Member

S. Jensen

I am from Baton Rouge but I am in Washinton State on a job right now, I knew a S. Jensen that I went to a vo-tech school with back in 82-84 in Baton Rouge. Have not heard from them since we got out of school. I saw your name from La. and just had to ask if you might be this person.PEACE, but not yet

" THE LORD COMETH "

9. Kathy

Kathy New Member

I'm with HeDied4U! John MacArthur is very well educated in the Word and is backed up by the Holy Spirit! He is a wonderful preacher and gets you to really think, not just sit back and listen! I love his radio show "Grace to You"! Also, my old Pastor in Miami, Florida, Dr. Rick Blackwood, the Odyssey Channel (cable) is going to start broadcasting his service nationwide (which I am THRILLED about because I just love his teaching)! I believe that he will be on "The Baptist Hour" but I'm not certain. If anyone has a chance to check him out, please do so, you won't be sorry and you will greatly appreciate it! His preaching is more like being in college and he is the professor! Wonderful man of God!
    Take Care & Be God's
    Kathy <><

10. 4xBlessed

4xBlessed New Member

I wouldn't recommend Jesse Duplantis to a Baptist because he's not a Baptist preacher. I guess he's charismatic because he's into all that weird charismatic stuff.

He'd be an awesome preacher if he'd just get it right.

Lucy

11. Psalm145 3

Psalm145 3 New Member

Adrian Rogers and John MacArthur are both gifted pastor/teachers. Their radio programs are very edifying.

Also, here are some really good sermons on-line:
    Bible Preaching in Real Audio

There are no "great" Pastors, just a great God who uses unworthy people to preach.

1 Corinthians 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

By the way, the new corrupt Bible perversions call God's message foolish, not the act of preaching. :eek:

12. donnA

donnA Active Member

I heard several years ago it was Charles Stanley's wife who wanted the divorce.
    All I know is what was said by his ministry, which I don't think it right to repeat.
    Who actually filed this time around I don't know. But his church wanted him to stay, so he did.

13. MagicDar

MagicDar New Member

If you are a teenager I would suggest listening to Dawson McCalister Live, I think he's baptist but no matter he is incredible!

Also, I do favor Charles Stanley as well as Jesse Duplantis, he is a great preacher!! Since you are baptist though he may not be up your ally.

John Hagge (sp?) is another one, although I personally don't favor his style of preaching, he does preach truth so I would imagine any baptist would like him.

-dar

14. Pastor KevinR

Pastor KevinR New Member

Jesse Duplantis? He's one of the worse preachers out there! A couple of years ago I watched his video entitled, "Close Encounters of the God-Kind" and I didn't know whether to laugh or cry! His theology was totally horrible as part of the "Faith Movement".He claimed that he had went to Heaven, and the Holy Spirit was not there, but on the Earth! I thought the Spirit is Omniscient!J.D. needs to read of Paul's experience who actually had a vision and kept quite and humble, unlike J.D., the Entertainer :mad:Note Paul's visions (revelations) and his comments in 2 Cor 12:6-10. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :eek:

15. Pastor KevinR

Pastor KevinR New Member

BTW, Personally I like John MacArthur and a program called, "The Bible Answer Man" heard accross the country @6:00PM EST. This program is based out of Ca, and is sponsored by the Christian Research Institute. Excellent ;)

16. Ars

Ars New Member

I have found that you have to be VERY careful with many of the TV preachers. Though some of the things they preach about "seems" right on, it often times is not. I wish I could site specific examples, but I can't. That is why I will not state any names. The best thing to do is prove what they say against the word of God.

I refuse to watch the "Christian" tv station we receive. TBN. I would imagine many of the readers of this board get this channel. My reason is simple. Even though they may provide a few "good" programs, they also promote false teachers as well. Here I will state a name. Benny Hinn. I cannot support a station that yokes itself with that ilk. Unfortunately, the radio station I listen to is becoming very similar in that regards. Now, I only listen to the station during the times when I know a specific broadcast is on. I tried to do that with TBN, but they've gone too far in my opinion.

For others, this may not be an issue, however, I feel it is. No matter what route you take, it is important to ensure that the preacher you are listening to is preaching from the Word of God.

Dave

17. Chet

Chet New Member

I really agree with Dajuid, there are some terrible "preachers" on the airwaves. I put Benny Hinn in my list of Worst. Along with John Haggee, Rod Parsley, Jesse Duplantis, Jeffery Dollar, Joice Myer, Pat Robertson, Kenneth Copeland and there's more.

I do really like Chuck Swindoll, Adrian Rogers and sometimes Charles Stanley.
    I listen to Hank Hanegraaff almost everyday, but I disagree with him on some non-essential doctrines. I pray he will start taking an even stronger stand against the Charismatic Movement.
    One of my favorite radio teachers is J.V. McGee. He is very good! He is now in heaven.
    And Bob George is excellent as well.

I really have a problem with John MacArthur. Perhaps it would be wise to start a thread just on his teachings. I like that he is against the Pentecostal movement, but that's about it. He is Hyper-Calvinist, holds to Lordship Salvation, and his whole teaching on the gospel according to Jesus is wrong. A careful examination of his teaching will result in a conclusion that he does teach a works salvation.

With love,

Chet

18. Chris Temple

Chris Temple New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by S. Jensen:
    What are your favorite TV and Radio preachers? Is there anyone you would recommend to a new baptist christian?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alistair Begg
    John MacArthur
    Erwin Lutzer
    R.C. Sproul (www.ligonier.org)
    John Piper (www.desiringgod.org)

19. S. Jensen

S. Jensen New Member

Chet,
    Are you saying you disagree with John MacArthur when he says that Jesus is Lord of our lives (Lordship Salvation)? Please explain.

It seems that many who have responded, so far, have recommended J. MacArthur. Anyone else have any comments on MacArthur?

Thanks.

20. Kathy

Kathy New Member

I agree about TBN, I refuse to watch it. [​IMG]