1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TV Preachers

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Brian30755, Aug 11, 2005.

1. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Excelent idea [​IMG]

2. GODzThunder

GODzThunder New Member

I do kinda sorta like Adrian Rogers. LWF ministries have given me inspirational messages that have helped me in difficult times of my life. I also admit that James Kennedy is a good televangelist.

and don't forget benny hinn, his suave comb over hairstyle is an inspiration to balding men everywhere LOL. (wish I could say something, anything good about him or his preaching or his ministry).

3. LorrieGrace

LorrieGrace Member

Has anyone ever seen Peter Popoff??

4. Rachel

Rachel New Member

It's not EVERY preacher on tv. I have seen a couple good ones too.
    Adrian Rogers is wonderful, from everything I've heard him preach on. He's a Baptist too. :eek: [​IMG]

Personally, I would be happy if all the religious tv shows would go off the air. There is so much unbiblical teaching, I think people would be better off not listening to them.

5. Brian30755

Brian30755 New Member

Only once, and his wife slapped him.

6. LarryN

LarryN New Member

As kind of the flip-side of the OP: what preacher who is not on t.v. do you wish was on t.v.?

7. Brian30755

Brian30755 New Member

One comes to mind immediately for me....Jamey Ragle (website). I've had the pleasure of getting to hear him about 5 times so far.

8. west

west New Member

RC Sproul use to be TV and once in awhile our Cable will show John MacArthur .I like John Ankerberg .

9. LarryN

LarryN New Member

One comes to mind immediately for me....Jamey Ragle (website). I've had the pleasure of getting to hear him about 5 times so far. </font>[/QUOTE]I'm not familiar with him. I took a look at the website, but unfortunately his speaking schedule was down at the moment. I'll have to check back again later.

10. atestring

atestring New Member

HE IS A JOKE!!!!!
    iT IS INTERESTING THAT YOU NEVER SEE OTHER MINISTRIES RUNNING WITH HIM.

11. mioque

mioque New Member

The first time I saw Benny Hinn, I thought he was a comedian satirizing crooked tv-preachers. I was an avid admirer of the man for 2 whole weeks untill someone told me he was a real tv-preacher.

12. Johnv

Johnv New Member

The man's a fraud, a charlatain, a hoax. He was exposed several years ago after it was discovered he was using a hidden earpiece to be fed information about people in the audience by his wife. His "ministry" collapsed. I'm surprised that he's been able to make a small comeback. Are people that dumb??

13. Rachel

Rachel New Member

Yes. [​IMG]

14. atestring

atestring New Member

The man's a fraud, a charlatain, a hoax. He was exposed several years ago after it was discovered he was using a hidden earpiece to be fed information about people in the audience by his wife. His "ministry" collapsed. I'm surprised that he's been able to make a small comeback. Are people that dumb?? </font>[/QUOTE]I would say that most people do not take this man seriously!
    I think he gives legitimate tv preachers a bad name.
    I am always leary of preachers that have no endorsements from other preachers and preachers that only promote themselves.
    It takes the whole church with the whole gospel to reach the whole world.
    This requires a cooperation of preachers not a lone ranger preacher.

15. Brian30755

Brian30755 New Member

Larry, I don't guess too many people are familiar with him. I think he's from Cincinnati, or maybe somewhere in Kentucky, I'm not sure. He's an evangelist, and I think he mainly speaks in Baptist Churches (I've seen him about 5 times, and it's always been in a Baptist Church). But anyway, if he's ever in your area, I highly recommend going to hear him if you can.

16. Chemnitz

Chemnitz New Member

Personally, I don't like any of the tv preachers as they all teach heterodox messages. But if Dr. Dale Meyer (former Lutheran Hour preacher) started preaching on tv, I'd watch. I'd probably be taking notes for my own sermons.

17. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Lutheran Hour? Those heretical infant baptizers! ;)

Hey, if ya get something outa someone on th telly, great. If ya don't, that's fine too. TV preachers are like apples. Everyone's got a bunch of opinions on 'em.

18. atestring

atestring New Member

I would die for a conviction.
    I woukd not die for an opinion.
    So what if some preachers have differing opinions?

19. D28guy

D28guy New Member

My goodness yes. Tons of them. The majority of them. On both TV and radio.

I couldnt begin to name them all.

Yes. By all means. Millions of lost people who are seekers wont go to church for any of a million reasons. But they can tune in radio and TV stations.

Absolutly. Regarding the gospel, I cant think of a better way than radio and TV to "Shout it from the housetops".

God bless,

Mike

20. atestring

atestring New Member

Amen
    Mike!!!
    The only problem with Christian Television is : they play lots of music but almost no Gospel Bluegrass!!
    Ken