1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TVU and Christian videos

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by Iamfree63, Nov 20, 2003.

1. Iamfree63

Iamfree63 New Member

Did you know there is a 24/7 Christian music video channel? It's called TVU from Columbus, OH. You generally can only get it via Sky Angel, Chrsitian satellite. Check TVU out at www.tvulive.com.

Shouldn't you have TVU and Sky Angel?

2. JonathanDT

JonathanDT New Member

Wow, that is a very sweet website. You can watch the actual broadcasts online.

3. Iamfree63

Iamfree63 New Member

...and they are from Columbus, OH. They also have www.radiou.com. Both TVU and Radio U are TV and radio channels on the Sky Angel satellite system. Instead of watching online, you can get the satellite system and watch them on your TV.

4. Iamfree63

Iamfree63 New Member

Okay, any youth here have Sky Angel yet? They've now added Spirit, an CCM music video channel as well as TVU. Get your youth pastor to install Sky Angel at your Church!

5. DeclareHim

DeclareHim New Member

I get Ten Most Wanted videos cool show with Obadiah. There's no way the church my parents go to will get Sky Angel they believe CCM and Christian Rock are wrong :rolleyes: (I wish they would get it). Sky Angel only costs $12 a month so its not bad. They show a lot of great artist like Kutless,Pillar, TFK, Pillar,Skillet,P.O.D, Seven Places, Seventh Day Slumber and many others.

6. paulsfocus

paulsfocus New Member

You know your parents and friends are right. Why don't you listen to them?

Why don't you send that $12 to a missionary that will use it for a more important cause, like getting people saved?

7. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

They also play some of the, IMO, scary bands like UnderOATH.

8. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [sarcasm] We must stay away from those heathen, devil-child bands of hell! I hear they sometimes sing about Jesus!! :eek: [/sarcasm]

We must remember that even classical music and hymns were "contemporary" at one point.

9. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

I like some of Kutless, Pillar, Skillet, P.O.D. and others, but when a "Christian" band starts screaming in a "demonic" voice, and you can't understand the message, as in many of UnderOATH's songs, I question their music. I watch TVU sometimes, but I always turn it when UnderOATH and a few of the other bands, whose names I don't remeber, come on.

10. paulsfocus

paulsfocus New Member

"...all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any." 1 Corinthians 6:12b. Why don't you go take a look at some of underOATHS pictures. Whos power do you think they are under?
    "...that in all things he might have the preeminence." Colossians 1:18b.Take a look at the crowed in those pictures, who are they giving the preeminence to? God or the singers?

11. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [sarcasm] I'm so glad God has blessed us with the power to judge people's hearts just by looking at a picture. [/sarcasm]

On the issue of the crowds, the band has no power over them.

Do some non-Christians listen to Christian rock? Yes.

Is the band somehow responsible for the actions of non-Christians who listen to them? No.

Think of it this way: if a congregation idolizes a preacher, who is to blame? I say the congregation.

Do some Christians idolize the bands? Probably, but the fault would lie on their own heads, not the band.

"But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart."

-1 Samuel 16:7 (KJV) (emphasis mine)

12. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

Actually a band does have power of the crowds, music is VERY powerfull.

13. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I should have clarified. I know they have power in the sense of which you speak, but I'm saying that the band can't make people put their hearts in the right place.

14. J4KC35

J4KC35 New Member

There is NOTHING wrong with Christian Rock. Goodness. There is nothing wrong with music that ISN'T Christian either, unless it's like... satanic.

15. DeclareHim

DeclareHim New Member

You know your parents and friends are right. Why don't you listen to them?

Why don't you send that $12 to a missionary that will use it for a more important cause, like getting people saved?
    </font>[/QUOTE]Well my parents aren't really against it for one thing they believe it's just something this generation of sold out teens for Christ are into maybe there a little skeptical but not really against it.
    And I do to give missions at my church. For the $12 I also get good preaching like Dr. David Jeremiah and Greg Laurie (hope I spelt there names right.). [​IMG]

16. DeclareHim

DeclareHim New Member

Amen [​IMG]

17. GodsAmbassador

GodsAmbassador New Member

I'm afraid there is something wrong with Christian rock. Rock music is the devil's tool, and there is no way to make it Christian. Sure, you can add Christian words, but it is still worldly music. We are commanded in Scripture to be separate from the world, and when I see Christian rock CDs, they look just like every other rock CD. I believe to be separate from the world, we need to raise the standards, and be a difference, so that others will see Jesus in us. Too much of the world look at us and don't want to be a Christian because we act like they do, we talk like they do, we dress like they do, we listen to their music, etc. I would urge you to reconsider and ask God what He thinks of Christian rock, etc. A book I would recommend to anyone is "Why I Left the Contemporary Christian Movement" by Dan Lucarini. It shows the truth about that kind of music.

18. DeclareHim

DeclareHim New Member

You have no proof that rock music is a tool of the devil. Devil's tool :rolleyes: All secular music can be a tool of the Devil but it can also be used for God's glory. To say a whole genre of music is of the Devil is :rolleyes: .

19. J4KC35

J4KC35 New Member

Oh wow. Rock music cannot be one of satan's tools, if it's used to spread Christianity and god's word.

20. Blazin4Christ

Blazin4Christ New Member

its not right, Christian rock and Christian contemporary is just another ploy of the devil today.