1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Twins with 1 body and 2 heads born in Brazil

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by freeatlast, Dec 23, 2011.

1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

What sweet little things!! I pray that they will have a full life even with the added burden of this birth defect.

3. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I looked at some other of the videos of the two girls and what they had posted about themselves. They are a blessing. I pray they all learn of the Lord and grow and live in His ways.

#3 freeatlast, Dec 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2011
  4. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Abi and Brittany don't exactly have 1 body and two heads. I know it looks that way. They have completely shared organs from the belly-button down, but from the waist up they have two hearts, three lungs, two stomachs, two gallbladdars, one large liver, and a wider than normal rib cage.

The state recognizes them as two people. They each have their own driver's license, ....

I remember when her mother was on television when they were very young (4). She was asked about separating them. It was possible and some doctors had encouraged it. But the mother said that each girl would not have enough mass on one side to be able to fit them with a prosthesis or even to have the ability to sit up in a wheelchair. Essentially, they would be bed-ridden. Because they were so physically active (swimming, bike-riding, running, playing....) the mother decided to leave them like they were. I think she made a wise decision.

5. billwald

billwald New Member

The head is the person and not the body? He gets two votes in national elections? Has there ever been a critter with one head and two bodies?