1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Twits for Jesus?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Gina B, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

2. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

Thanks for the post, Gina. How comparatively easy we have it in the West!

However, the thread title had me thinking it was going to have some connection with 1 Corinthians 4.10:
    "We are fools for Christ’s sake, but you are wise in Christ! We are weak, but you are strong! You are distinguished, but we are dishonored!"
    ("Twit" is a slang term for a foolish person.)

Instead, I discovered that it was about the plight of a man from a Muslim background who became a Christian, who is now in prison.

I'm not criticising, but I wonder if others on the board may have been mistaken about the subject-matter, and thus missed out on this important story that calls for our prayers, not only for the imprisoned man, but also for his persecuters, that they, like Saul of Tarsus, may be brought to know "Jesus, whom they are persecuting".

3. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

When one "twits" it is called a "tweet" so we would say that we "Tweet for Jesus."

Oh, and we'll have to get used to the social media phenomenon. It is here and growing, whether or not we like it. Our young people actually think differently than we do because they grew up with instant communication and multiple "avatars" (personalities in the virtual world).

The technology is a great way to stay in contact, and we can mobilize people around the world with a few clicks.