1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Two articles on Separation

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Pastor Larry, Aug 21, 2004.

1. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

2. superdave

superdave New Member

Interesting article, the last paragraph illustrates the problems many who doctrinally would be considered fundamental are now facing.

Separating from new-evangelicalism is easy, separating from people who claim to be fundamental and separatist because they have gone beyond the bounds of scripture in their definition of proper doctrines of separation can be more difficult.

I am not certain what the overall state of the various fundamental separated movements is in the country as a whole, but I can tell you that the state of Michigan is a mess. Including the IFBA of M. While Dr. McCune's treatment of the subject is scholarly and has great historical reference, it does little to describe the proper handling for the current fractured mess that is American fundamentalism.

I guess the question that is not being answered or addressed (ok, one of the questions) is "Where do we go from here"