1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Two Experts Determine That Shooting Of Tamir Rice Was Justified

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://dailycaller.com/2015/10/11/two-experts-determine-that-shooting-of-tamir-rice-was-justified/

2. Amy13

Amy13 New Member

I feel like this was a tragedy all around. Tamir Rice was only playing and didn't understand the consequences of his actions. The police officers, they had no way to know the weapon he was holding wasn't a real one. Tamir lost his life and the lives of the officers who shot him will never be the same. Even though the shooting may have been found justified, that isn't going to ease their conscience one bit.

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

It isn't over yet. A grand jury hasn't heard or seen the evidence.

The independent reports did not address two other controversial aspects of the case.

Neither officer rendered aid to Rice after he was shot. An FBI agent who happened to be in the area at the time of the shooting provided medical aid to Rice several minutes after the shooting. Loehmann and Garmback were reportedly in a state of shock and unsure what to do.

Loehmann also had a spotty job history. In Nov. 2012, the chief of the Independence, Ohio police department gave Loehmann a “dismal” handgun performance rating. Loehmann also “could not follow simple directions,” according to the chief, Jim Polak. Loehmann quit the force shortly after.

I'm no expert but it seems to me an expert would take these "aspects" into consideration. Again I'm no expert but it seems like an expert would take this "aspect" into consideration also . . .

Witnesses who called 911 to report Rice’s actions stated they believed that Rice was carrying a fake gun.

"He could not follow simple directions, could not communicate clear thoughts nor recollections, and his handgun performance was dismal," according to the letter written by Deputy Chief Jim Polak of the Independence police.

The letter recommended that the department part ways with Loehmann, who went on to become a police officer with the Cleveland Division of Police.

"I do not believe time, nor training, will be able to change or correct the deficiencies," Polak said.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2014/12/cleveland_police_officer_who_s.html

Where I come from we call people who can't follow simple directions incompetent. What are people like that called where you come from Rev?

#3 poncho, Oct 11, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
  4. Sue-Ellen

Sue-Ellen Active Member

It is a sad and tragic situation all the way around. A young man lost his life in a situation that could have been avoided. The officer who shot him that day have to live with this the rest of their lives and the family of Tamir Rice have to go on in life without their son. It was very sad. There are so many unanswered questions I'm this case. Things that we will never know.