1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Types of slave

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by psalms109:31, Nov 27, 2011.

1. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

Some people sold themselves as slave mostly because they owed that person a debt they could not pay, and it was better than the alternative.

Then there was those who was forced against their will to be salves. They were captured and sold as slaved. These people was treated wrongly and they shouldn't of been they didn't want to be there they wanted to be home free.

I am a slave to Jesus by my own free will, because I owe Him a debt I can never repay. If I was the one who worked for Him for a hour or most of my life I couldn't pay the debt I owe and be saved, which the debt is death.

Which slave are you?

#1 psalms109:31, Nov 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2011
  2. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

1 Peter 2:
    13 Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every human authority: whether to the emperor, as the supreme authority, 14 or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right. 15 For it is God’s will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish people. 16 Live as free people, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as God’s slaves. 17 Show proper respect to everyone, love the family of believers, fear God, honor the emperor.

When it say's we are slaves to God it does not mean that we are forced to be His slaves.