1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Typical democrat position on the slaughter of the innocents

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by OldRegular, Mar 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Like I said, you can stop with the 55 million. The cats out of the bag that like a lot of the GOP, you don't give a flying hoot about the lives of the unborn.

Abortion for you is just another political tool for you just as it is for a lot of the GOP.

You are now officially a GOP Abortion Toolist...GOPAT!

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Right. And Hillary didn't know what she was doing with that email account. :rolleyes:

#62 Zaac, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

And you are a liar and a blasphemer!

4. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Heh Brother! I would never insult you that way. You and Crabby are as different as Crabby and me. I put Crabby and Zaac in a class by themselves. I could possibly add a couple more but don't want to insult them!

5. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But by including the clause it killed the anti-trafficking bill. This indicates that the folk who secretly put the clause in really do not care about either issue else they would not have included it and killed the anti-trafficking bill.

6. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is illogical as they knew if an abortion clause were put in the bill the bill would be rendered dead. It shows they are playing politics and really do not care about either issue.

7. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Same can be said for the Dems. If they really cared about the human trafficking issue, they'd have passed it.

8. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

I love that idea, but I don't think we'll ever see it. Washington moves by one politician scratching another politician's back. Sneaking line items into bills, regardless how related those items might be, is SOP for Congress.

9. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, they would not have, not including what to them is a poison pill.

It only shows the GOP really does not care, else they would not have poisoned the anti-trafficking bill.

10. targus

targus New Member

I am missing something here.

How is it harmful to a bill that provides funding for stopping human trafficking to include a clause that the funds may not be used for things other than stopping human trafficking?

Is it really the Dems intention to use the money not for stopping human trafficking but for abortions instead?

How does including a condition that money provided for "A" many not be used for "X" change anything?

#70 targus, Mar 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2015
  11. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow. You're really, really missing the point.

I don't believe either side acted correctly in this situation. YOU just want to blame the GOP, no matter what.

By your very first statement (the part I bolded), the Dems are as guilty of playing politics as the GOP. I'm willing to blame both sides; are you?

And so the victims of human trafficking will continue to suffer.

12. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don, let's put it this way. You have two jobs to do. One is an easy job and can be done easily and quickly if you concentrate on that job.

The second job is very difficult, perhaps impossible. It will be even more difficult or impossible if you try to do job 1 and job 2 simultaneously.

Any rational person would complete job 1, the easy one. Then they would move to working on job 2.

The GOP took an easy job and turned it into a very difficult or more likely an impossible job by combining it with job 2. This shows either they are not very smart or they really do not care about accomplishing either job.

13. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's put it this way: Re-read what Targus wrote. All they did was add language that would ensure the funds would be used to stop human trafficking. Any rational person would say "okay." Instead, the Democrats said "oh, they put something in against abortion. We can't do that." This shows they would rather make sure the funds CAN be used for abortion, instead of focusing on stopping human trafficking.

Again, I've admitted that BOTH sides made mistakes. You just can't bring yourself to say the same, can you?

14. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is nothing in this post that is remotely true.

15. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I can. The GOP politicians knew that the clause about abortion would kill the anti-trafficking bill. As I said, they only shows they do not really care about those poor women, children and men being trafficked. They knew they were killing the bill but went ahead anyway ... much the shame on them.

16. targus

targus New Member

The bill is only 68 pages and was written last year.

Do the dems ever read anything that they vote on?

They had months to object.. but they wait for the last minute to object?

Couldn't be they are the ones playing politics?

17. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

Ahh...the standard "Conservatives don't like ________ people" routine. I haven't heard that one since...well, yesterday, I guess.
    :BangHead:

18. targus

targus New Member

The bill was co-sponsored by eight democrats!!!

Don't democrats even read bills that they sponsor???

19. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's just sad. You say "Yes, I can"; and then you don't.

20. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If I were a politician and really wanted a law passed and knew if it were a clean bill it would pass unanimously I certainly would not add a clause that I knew would kill that bill ... not would I appreciate others doing so.

The result is the trafficking victims are left out in the cold with no help coming their way. Any politician who really cares about them would not poison the bill.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.