1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Typical Roman Catholic

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Nimrod, Dec 26, 2002.

1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

2. DojoGrant

DojoGrant New Member

DHK,

If you think you have an argument, think again. Last I checked, one is responsible for his own salvation, and his own level of participation in God's plan. Could you not have asked the priest or someone in the parish what the prayers were? Yes, you could have. If you chose not to, I have no pity for you. Laziness begets lack of knowledge. If you didn't know, it's because you didn't care to know.

Once again, your experiences mean very little when we're speaking of a worldwide church of 1 billion and growing. I honestly am starting to think, because you did not like the Catholic Church, that you spent a great deal of time with the dissenters rather than the faithful. Since you gave mere lip-service, it's not that hard to believe that you would surround yourself with others like you for comfort's sake. The fact of the matter is that good seed is present wherever you go, if you bother to look for it. You can keep your mockeries, and I'll keep my love for God and desire to understand the teachings of my Church.

God bless,

Grant

3. Daveth

Daveth New Member

Hi

EUROPEAN COUNTRIES VIOLATING RELIGIOUS RIGHTS!

Nineteen European countries are violating religious rights, and religious minorities in some East European countries now face greater difficulties than they did during the communist period, according to the International Helsinki Federation for Human Rights (IHF).
    The editor of the federation's 1998 annual report on human rights said that protection of religious freedom was deteriorating across Europe as governments in both east and west of the region showed a "similar tendency" to strengthen traditional faiths at the cost of minorities.
    The IHF annual report includes surveys of human rights in 41 countries. Religious rights violations are mentioned in a total of 19 countries: Albania, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Georgia, Greece, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Macedonia, Moldova, Norway, Romania, Russia, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Yugoslavia (including Kosovo and Montenegro).
    Sixteen former communist states are among those criticized in the report for their violations of religious freedom. The Vienna-based federation said Russia's controversial 1997 Law on Freedom of Conscience and Religious Associations "clearly violated constitutional guarantees of freedom of conscience and equality of citizens before the law regardless of creed".
    Pressure on religious minorities was also strong, the report added, in other predominantly Orthodox and Muslim countries. In Armenia, where the Armenian Apostolic Church is the main religious organization, all minority faiths are restricted under a 1997 law, while in Montenegro the authorities have "treated the Serbian Orthodox Church as a state church, subordinating other religious groups to its control".
    In Latvia, the Justice Ministry registered 37 religious groups for the first time in 1997, but denied legal status to 22. In Turkmenistan, all Christian churches were informed that "their previous status had been revoked" under a new law.
    The editor of the report, Paula Tscherne-Lempiainen, from Finland, told ENI that the rights of religious associations and national minorities were deteriorating in tandem. The plight of many small groups in East Europe was now worse than under communist rule, she said.
    Although human rights violations were occurring in all European countries, she said, the federation's greatest concern was currently focused on Belarus, where the rule of law had collapsed and all basic rights were disregarded.
    "People now have a chance to act and organize in East Europe," she told ENI. "But daily tasks of survival, and the sense that little progress has been achieved in a decade anyway, are diverting energies away from human rights issues."
    Among western countries, the report said a 1997 law in Austria effectively barred new "state-recognized religions" beyond the existing 12. Denominations wishing to register must now wait six months for legal status, compared to just six weeks required from ordinary associations.
    A compulsory religious education course, introduced to Norwegian schools in 1997, "failed to take into account Norway's development into a multi-religious society", the report continues.
    In Greece, where 97 per cent of citizens are nominal members of the Orthodox Church, fourteen Evangelical churches were accused of operating without licenses in 1997, while several prosecutions were launched under a law prohibiting "proselytism".
    Tscherne-Lempiainen told ENI that several nations in the European Union were currently drafting laws to strengthen the status of traditional faiths while restricting smaller groups like bible studys.
    The tightening of regulations in West European countries had been a "new feature" in the past two years, and no country could be "held up as an example to others" in its observance of religious rights.

Source AP

Love

David

[ December 29, 2002, 12:21 AM: Message edited by: Daveth ]

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

5. GraceSaves

GraceSaves New Member

DHK,

Your anti-Christian tactics sadden me. I'm not going to bother responding to this post other than stating all that needs to be stating: The Catholic Church forbids such practices, and these Catholics (whom you seek out, rather than TRULY devout Catholics) are worshipping outside the guidelines set forth by the Church, and are heretics.

Again, you seek out only the bad. One need only spend a few seconds searching on Google.com to find stories of the Gospel being preached to hundreds of thousands every year by the Catholic Church, of charity, of God's love, and of worship of the One True God. You're worse than the worst liberal news media, reporting only the bad in order to cause panic among the masses. I dare say you wouldn't recognize a TRULY devout Catholic if they fell in your lap.

God bless you DHK, for you either know not what you do, or you know what you do and do it anyway. Either way, it is not of God, for God is love.

Grant

6. GraceSaves

GraceSaves New Member

Daveth,

For the sake of clearing up confusion, could you please state the purpose of posting the news item above? I have no idea what you're intent was, for you did not comment in the least. I don't know how to respond, because I don't know exactly what I'm responding to.

God bless you greatly,

Grant

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

8. Sherrie

Sherrie New Member

One thing is "Typical" on this forum is the arrogance of Catholics toward others. They show no compassion for others, or love for others. Only compassion is toward an alliance toward being Catholic.

I find phatmass bedside manner rude and very revengeful. If you were trying to sell me on Catholicism you lose.

You show way too much hate.

Sherrie

9. GraceSaves

GraceSaves New Member

But you approve of DHK? I don't see you repranding his bedside manner. Is this because you agree with him doctrinally? Why not be fair and admit that we all fail quite often.

God bless,

Grant

10. GraceSaves

GraceSaves New Member

DHK,

Again, you pull faulty statistics out. 1%? You have based this on meeting (I'm being generous), maybe 2% of all of the Catholics worldwide. Of those 2%, you probably spoke to about .0002% and actually conversed with them. You prove to me your prejudice, and nothing more.

God bless,

Grant

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Travel is an education in itself. I may not be able to converse with everyone I see; no one is. But I can certainly open my eyes to the pracices of the Catholic Church in countries around the world. I am not confined or have not been confined to one little city of this world. God has blessed me with the opportunity to travel abroad and see other lands and cultures, for the purpose of being a witness to the people that I meet--many of which are Catholic, Catholics that are steeped in superstition. I meet a representation of a whole. Statistics can speak for themselves. You want me to pretend that in countries that are largely illiterate, that Catholics are well-educated?? I think you need to get an education about how people in the rest of this world live.
    DHK

12. DanPC

DanPC New Member

"One thing is "Typical" on this forum is the arrogance of Catholics toward others. They show no compassion for others, or love for others."

Really. I thought many of the Catholics here are quite restrained considering the Catholic bashing that goes on here. I am not speaking of difference of opinions on doctrine. This can, and infrequently is, discussed cordially. Take a look at the threads and see what some non-Catholics have posted. Perhaps it is because some of the posters here are so steeped in their prejudices that they don't see their comments clearly.

13. Bible-belted

Bible-belted New Member

"Really. I thought many of the Catholics here are quite restrained considering the Catholic bashing that goes on here. I am not speaking of difference of opinions on doctrine. This can, and infrequently is, discussed cordially. Take a look at the threads and see what some non-Catholics have posted. Perhaps it is because some of the posters here are so steeped in their prejudices that they don't see their comments clearly."

I don't find the RCs here restrained in what they inttend to convey. Some are more nuanced in how they communicate ther hatred, so that it is phrased ina genteel and polite manner. But make no mistake, they are not generous in their attitudes.

The only prejudices I see here are two:

One of the Christians here towards untruth (that is the distinctive RC heresies).

The other is RCs toward anything not RC.

14. Netcurtains3

Netcurtains3 Guest

Hi,
    I'm sorry you feel that way.
    I hope you can accept my apology for my actions.

I'm sorry.

Net.

15. DanPC

DanPC New Member

"I don't find the RCs here restrained in what they intend to convey. Some are more nuanced in how they communicate ther hatred, so that it is phrased ina genteel and polite manner. But make no mistake, they are not generous in their attitudes. The only prejudices I see here are two:
    One of the Christians here towards untruth (that is the distinctive RC heresies).
    The other is RCs toward anything not RC."
    You couldn't have proved my point better. Thanks so much.
    As for hatred, I have seen very little ridiculing of Baptist beliefs but quite a bit of rdiculing Catholic beliefs. Once again, I am not speaking of debating points.

16. DojoGrant

DojoGrant New Member

Hatred? So now I supposedly hate people? This lie keeps getting bigger and bigger and bigger...

God bless,

Grant

17. CatholicConvert

CatholicConvert New Member

Grant--

Without question, those who are syntheisizing the Catholic Faith with pagan practices are doing that which is wrong and heretical.

The question, though, is this:

WHY is this allowed to happen? WHERE are the bishops, who are supposed to be the overseers of the flock?

This sort of thing only gives guys like DHK additional ammunition, confuses the pagans because they cannot see any difference between their demonic religions and the worship of Christ, and is an open scandal.

You know, I honestly think the Church would be a lot more healthy if there was a real good PURGE. I think that all if the nominal (read Christmas and Easter) "believers", along with those who refuse to give up their pagan practices, were just told "Repent or leave. PERIOD!" it would make the Church much more healthy.

Brother Ed

"choose ye this day whom ye will serve...."

[ December 29, 2002, 08:08 PM: Message edited by: CatholicConvert ]

18. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I am glad that you can understand what I am saying Brother Ed. It is sad when any of those who profess Christianity of any sort, synthesize that which they profess with paganism. The Catholics on this board, as others have pointed out, are the "cream of the top" Catholics so to speak, educated far more than the average Catholic. If they weren't they wouldn't be posting here. Even the Catholics that live in America have a much greater education than the Catholics living in third world countries.
    My only point was that when one speaks of the "one billion Catholics" world wide, that these one billion Catholics are not all that they are protrayed to be on this board. Millions are steeped in paganism, which indeed is abhorrent to the faithful educated Catholic living here in America. So the one billion are not as uniform in doctrine as they may seem to be.
    DHK

19. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Having known countless "typical" Roman Catholics, I'd have to disagree with you.

20. Johnv

Johnv New Member

This weekend I was able to spend time with my family. Both of my parents are Roman Catholics, but they either ignore my questions about their Church or they refuse to answer them. Next week I'll give it another try.

If your questions were an attempt to argue or attack them, then I don't blame them. I found it interesting that you asked your brother a question, and when he answered it, you told him he was wrong. That doesn't sound like you were looking for answers, it sounds like you were looking for arguements. If you already know everything about the Roman Catholic Church, why are you asking them for answers that you already "know"?