1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

U.S. Aid Helps N. Korea Build Nukes

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Oct 9, 2006.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's the old duck, dodge, weave, then change the subject liberal strategy.:laugh:

Mean while, here's a real opinion that is on topic:

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/s_333681.html

Clinton's Korea legacy

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Absent from reportage on North Korea's nuclear saber-rattling is the genesis of how things reached this point.

Critics are quick to blame President Bush, who supposedly stirred the pot by calling North Korea part of the "Axis of Evil" and by refusing to kowtow to a communist potentate. But the North didn't whip up nuclear capability overnight.

What's being witnessed today is the outcome of egregious missteps 10 years ago.

Instead of taking a hard line against North Korea's nuclear ambitions, President Clinton instead played the appeasement card: In exchange for U.S. aid, Kim Jong Il in 1994 agreed to stop nuclear weapons development. And what a deal, too: 500,000 tons of fuel oil annually, millions of dollars for food, and a nuclear reactor.

But there was no means of verification. An estimated 1 million North Koreans starved to death during the U.S. aid program.

Today Democrats suggest Mr. Clinton contained the threat. That's laughable. North Korea already has admitted that it went to work on nuclear weaponry shortly after the Clinton deal.

Now it's believed by some that North Korea has nuclear weapons and reportedly is moving forward with plans for a test. And, once again, some believe appeasement is the answer.

If Kim Jong Il proceeds with this madness, he needs to know in no uncertain terms that he no longer has a doormat on which to wipe his feet at the White House.

2. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

The article should say that N Korea went BACK to work on nukes . . .

They, Iran, Iraq, and Libya (& al qaeda) have intended on building nukes for a long time.

3. RockRambler

RockRambler New Member

Please show me how I was changing the subject when you were the one that first posted an article that stated: "...to finance two light water nuclear reactors in North Korea puts the isolated communist country on the fast track in the manufacture of nuclear weapons".... The article I linked to showed how Donald Rumsfield benefited from the sale of light water nuclear reactors to North Korea.

And also explain how the comment:
    "Typical politics...follow the money and you'll find both parties with dirt on their hands." absolves the Clinton Administration of any blame on the matter.

Seems to me when you can't refute something, its a typical tactic to label something liberal or engage in name-calling because you're own blinders might be showing.

4. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Where's the love?

. . .

Carpro

I understood you brother.

:thumbs:

Wayne

5. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

You're saying it takes TWO YEARS to recognize a security problem? I suppose that has been true under Bush but it's unacceptable.

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No.

I don't believe I said that at all.

7. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

I am glad that you didn't . . . The security concerns were raised by the previous administration. That administration promised that N Korea would not . . . and COULD not build nukes . . . we were assured that the world's security would not be endangered . . .

OOOOOPS.

Guess that little explosion was just a figment of someone's imagination.