1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

U.S. Attorney Faces Charges

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by carpro, Sep 18, 2007.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.pensacolanewsjournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070918/NEWS01/709180321/1006
    Attorney faces sex charge

Kris Wernowsky
    [email protected]

An assistant U.S. attorney from Pensacola is jailed in Detroit on federal charges that he flew to Michigan to have sex with a 5-year-old girl.
    John David Roy Atchison, 53, of Shoreline Drive in Gulf Breeze was arrested about 5 p.m. Sunday at the Detroit Metropolitan International Airport on a charge of traveling in interstate commerce for the purpose of having illicit sexual relations with a small child.

Atchison made a court appearance Monday afternoon before a federal judge in the Eastern District of Michigan. He is expected for a detention hearing today.

He has worked in the U.S. Attorney's Office in Pensacola since the late 1980s, mostly handling asset forfeitures in criminal cases and civil cases in which the United States was a party. He's also president of the Gulf Breeze Sports Association, a volunteer community group focused on youth sports, according to the organization's Web site.

According to the federal criminal complaint:
    An undercover officer from the Macomb County Sheriff's Office created an online persona designed to identify people who were seeking illicit sexual contact with minors. The persona was that of a mother who was interested in letting men engage in sex with her minor children.

The agent, Linda Findlay, made contact with Atchison on Aug. 29 though online instant messaging software. During the conversation, Atchison referred to himself as "very much a family man."

Between Aug. 31 and Sept. 12, Atchison had almost daily contact with Findlay. During several conversations, he described various sexual acts he wanted to perform with Findlay's fictitious 5-year-old daughter.

I wonder if he can be fired without Congressional approval? :confused:

2. moondg

moondg Member
    Site Supporter

Shooting him between the eyes would be to good for him. He needs to die a slow painful death. Just my two cents. I know someone will say this is not very christian. I will try to forgive him after he is dead.