1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

U.S., Pakistan exchange shots at volatile border

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by KenH, Sep 25, 2008.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    U.S., Pakistan exchange shots at volatile border

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (CNN) -- U.S. and Pakistani troops exchanged fire Thursday along the Pakistani-Afghan border minutes after the Pakistani military fired shots at two American helicopters that were providing cover for the troops, a U.S. military spokesman said.

The U.S. Army OH-58D Kiowas, part of NATO's International Security Assistance Force mission in Afghanistan, were patrolling the Pakistani-Afghan border when the Pakistani military fired on them, NATO and U.S. officials said.

The Pakistani military said the fire was warning shots, and President Asif Ali Zardari said it was flares. Both Zardari and the Pakistani military said the helicopters had crossed into Pakistani territory -- a charge U.S. officials denied.

Rear Adm. Greg Smith of U.S. Central Command said the helicopters were providing cover for a small U.S. military unit accompanying an Afghan border police unit on a routine patrol.

After the shots were fired at the helicopters, Smith told CNN, the U.S. troops fired "suppressing rounds" into a nearby hill to get the Pakistanis to stop. That prompted the Pakistani troops to stop firing at the helicopters and fire instead in the direction of the troops, he said. The U.S. troops then returned fire, Smith said.

No injuries were reported in the five-minute incident.

- rest at www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/09/25/pakistan.helicopters/index.html

2. YOUTUBECANBESAVED

YOUTUBECANBESAVED New Member

I think the October surprise is the motive here

Just my opinion, Bush is really trying to deliver the death of Osama Bin Laden to McCain for the election and for himself for his legacy.

For 7 years we should have always made the case we are going after a needle in a haystack target that only our Military can pull off, and made clear our intentions of our mission is exactly that, and we have a right to go after Bin Laden because of 3000 souls perished at his hand but Bush is playing the ultimate political ploy in this , what I think will be the October surprise.

Problem is I actually agree with thumbing my nose at Pakistan and going after Bin Laden but it should have been happening for the last 7 years, instead of this aggressive move at a time when McCain is in deep political turmoil and of course
    Bush with a legacy that will be the worst in history, I think regardless of the death of Osama Bin Laden.

Again the quick response of the New Media will expose Bush if it does happen, we can rejoice that Bin Laden is dead but then see Bush for what he really is a puppet of Rove style manipulation politics.

Elements of Pakistani intelligence are clearly in Bin Ladens camp but again that does not excuse Bush for waiting this long.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Do you libs just make this stuff up as you go? Do you even pay attention to what is actually happening? Or are you all in such a rush to revise history that you cannot wait a week?

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Consider the source.:rolleyes:

5. billwald

billwald New Member

Not fair that Pakistan would defend its border while we let the Mexican Army cross into ours.