1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

U.S. under U.N. law in health emergency

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by hillclimber1, Aug 28, 2007.

1. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=57369

This can't be good for America, if true.

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I searched and found nothing from any other news source - liberal, moderate, or conservative - to confirm this.

Maybe it's true but I am wary of it without verification from a separate news source.

3. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Nor can I. I don't agree that we should be under the UN, but we also must have a global plan and coordination were a pandemic of some sort show up. Microbes respect no borders.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are plenty of inept governments.

Why would anyone think the exceedingly inept, incapable of action, U.N. would be any better, or even as good as they are, in any kind of crisis?:BangHead:

5. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

My point would be, why cede ANY of the control over our sovereignty to anyone, especially the UN.

Perhaps a working relationship with UN members in these medical emergencies would be a good thing but only for info gathering. But decisions made for Americans, should be made by Americans.

6. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In this case the US ought to lead the efforts; after all, nobody respects our borders either!! :thumbs::smilewinkgrin::BangHead: