1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

UFOs and ICBMs

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by kyredneck, Sep 21, 2010.

1. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't quite know what to think about this one.

From Reuters:

U.S. Nuclear Weapons Have Been Compromised by Unidentified Aerial Objects

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUS...ia_ow=t0:s0:a49:g43:r1:c0.333333:b37476470:z0

'Ex-military men say unknown intruders have monitored and even tampered with American nuclear missiles'

'Group to call on U.S. Government to reveal the facts'

"Witness testimony from more than 120 former or retired military personnel points to an ongoing and alarming intervention by unidentified aerial objects at nuclear weapons sites, as recently as 2003. In some cases, several nuclear missiles simultaneously and inexplicably malfunctioned while a disc-shaped object silently hovered nearby. Six former U.S. Air Force officers and one former enlisted man will break their silence about these events at the National Press Club and urge the government to publicly confirm their reality."

2. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Ok everyone, it's time to readjust your tin foil hats. The aliens are at it again.

3. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    All of this nonsense originated with Robert Hastings, a well known UFO nut job. He managed to find 7 USAF vets with mental problems. Not that hard to do considering there are currently 350,000 active duty personnel in the AF, not counting reserves and vets.

4. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

I work for the Joint Ammunition Command which is under the US Army (and was combined about 20 or 30 years ago in order to cut costs by having to redo the same things for each service).

I work for the Defense Ammunition Center and I can guarantee you that there have been no aliens who have tampered with our nuclear weapons. This would be major news if it were true, but there just isn't any truth to this at all.

Utter bunk!

5. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whew. Much thanks to you all. I feel better now. :)

Isn't Reuters supposed to be a reputable news agency?

6. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

I used to be on a Titan II Missile crew about 30 years ago. I guess I'll have to get my duffle bag out and dust off my tin foil hat. I did see some strange things in the four years ia was assigned to this Missile crew, but all could be rationally explained.

7. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  8. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have been to several AF Bases while active duty back in the late 80's-early 90's and I have never seen aliens or ufo's.

9. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see UFOs all the time.

Oh, wait; you meant flying saucers with little green men. I meant unidentified flying objects.

10. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

I must say that my brother saw a UFO when he was a fighter pilot at 60,000 feet one morning and it was huge. He called the base and they told him it was a weather balloon they were tracking and he asked them if they wanted him to go over a punch a hole in it---they answered him by saying "sure, go ahead, its at 185,000 feet altitude." Kind of blew my brother's mind considering how big this thing was to look so big from 60,000 feet.

It turned out to be a balloon launched by MIT to test for X-rays from space and its height (just the helium portion) was taller tham the empire state building.

I think you can be pretty much assured that if you see something strange, it may BE strange, but it probably belongs to us, you just may not know the details behind it.

People wonder why there are so many strange objects seen around White Sands Missile range, well, the answer is obvious, we test some of the most high-tech stuff there than anywhere in the U.S. In fact, the MOAB (Massive Ordnance Air Blast bomb with 22,000 lbs of TNT and a few secrets in the design to shape the blast (which is not a secret in itself--just the way it is done) was tested at White Sands. It was so powerful we had to notify Russia and China to let them know we were not testing a nuke. (That's the one that was called the Mother of all Bombs when they saw the MOAB acronym). I actually have two of these mounted for public viewing within a 1/2 mile of my office. So, the outside is definitely not a secret. As for the inside, we won't talk about that; but, just be assured we test a lot of things that don't act like normal airliners, etc. It just happens they are tested in areas where there are missile silo's and other places where they are kept away from public places to keep things safe if something goes wrong.

11. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

We just can't talk about the aliens around area 51 because they have become in-bred with the local population and don't want photographers chasing them around all day.