1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Uh,oh. Gov. Crist Endorses McCain.

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Ps104_33, Jan 26, 2008.

1. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Funny cartoon :)

2. moscott

moscott Member

Well the good news is that should push him ahead of Romney here in Fla. As much as my wife and I would love to vote for Huckabee, the hard fact is that he cannot win here Tues. I may lose the battle and have to vote for McCain instead of Huckabee, but that is because the ultimate goal is to beat Hillary----and McCain is the only 1 capable of doing so. Not my ideal candidate for sure, but much much better then Hillary.

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I am all for whatever knocks Romney out of the race.

4. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'd be more worried about Obama. Hillary's campaign is imploding. Bill and Hillary have made themselves look like elitist racists by their questionable mudslinging against Obama.

McCain would mop the floor with Hillary, but Obama might be harder to beat.

5. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

They are typical liberals. They use black people as a steppingstone to further their political career. Tell them what they know they want to hear and promise them riches in abundance. Conservatives on the other hand want to see them get ahead on their own. Like James Brown sang, "I dont want nobody to give me nuthin', just open the door and I'll get it myself". Its the reason why poverty pimps like Sharpton and his ilk support Clinton. Liberal whites will continue to kowtow to their demands.

6. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A McCain nomination would not be the worst thing that could happen to the Republican Party. The worse thing would be a Rudy Giuliani nomination. Which, btw, I am not ready to say will not happen. I still think this could come down to a Hillary vs Rudy race. However Rudy is starting to look less and less likely. It is probably more realistic to say this will come down to a Hillary v. McCain or Romney race.

7. moscott

moscott Member

McCain is the only 1 who beats both Hillary and Obama in a head to head match nationally. Romney is down 15 and 11 points to both nationally. As to the race issue-----The Clinton's are purposely going to try(and succeed) seperate the Democratic race into black vs white. Their goal in S.C., since they knew they were going to lose, was to alienate the black vote. This would cause a backlash nationally with the white voters. It is working to a tee. Obama has no shot at winning the nomination unless Hillary blows it. She is way ahead in Delegates(including 100 super Delegates) and will run away in states as Cal., NY etc... where the Latino vote will go strongly her way as a vote against Obama. Hillary will then pick Obama to be her VP and claim that despite the in fighting in the Democratic Primarys, the Democrats can work together to win the White House. The only problem is that this could ignite the Republican voters to backlash and come out to vote in the National Election.

8. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

I doubt that Hillary will choose Obama as her running mate. She wont need him for ther black vote because blacks aint gonna vote republican anyway. HC wont want anyone who will outshine her. Besides I dont think Obama wants to be her VP. I can see her choosing Bill Richardson.