1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ultra light backpacking and camping.

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by poncho, Sep 16, 2005.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I've been interested in hiking and backpacking since I was a kid. Recently I came across a few websites dealing with ultralight backpacking and was wondering if anyone else shared this interest. I'm not getting any younger so I was pretty glad to find ways of lightening my load.

Here's one of the sites that got me started making and using my own ultralight gear.

TrailDad Roy's and Flyin' Brian's Trail Adventure Page

There are many sites out there dealing with ultra light gear and hiking, doing a google search using the words ultralight hiking backpacking should turn up all kinds of sites on the subject. :cool:

2. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Sounds interesting, but you would have to be a jobless hippy to go hiking for half a year, wouldn't you? [​IMG]

3. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ever heard of packing with a dog? The equipment is on this link, (that looks like it's not going to work right)There are also dog carts that all kinds of stuff can be loaded on for less rugged trails.

http://www.nordkyn.com/

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I used to have an Alaskan husky that pulled my ice fishing sled around. Don't do that much anymore though. My kid grew up, I froze my toes and the dog I got now doesn't even like to hike out in the back yard in the winter.

I'll take a look at the link though. Can always use interesting ideas. Thanks.