1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Unbelief vs. Faith

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by PastorSBC1303, Feb 9, 2006.

1. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Interesting quote from A.W. Tozer:

"Unbelief says: Some other time, but not now; some other place, but not here; some other people, but not us. Faith says: Anything He did anywhere else He will do here; anything He did any other time He is willing to do now; anything He ever did for other people He is willing to do for us! With our feet on the ground, and our head cool, but with our heart ablaze with the love of God, we walk out in this fullness of the Spirit, if we will yield and obey. God wants to work through you!"

2. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

Thats a neat thought. You have posted quotes from him before, I believe, that were also quite pertinent.

3. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I have always valued Tozer's writings.

Here is another good one:

This is a crude illustration, but let me tell you what we did after planting a field of corn when I was a young fellow in Pennsylvania. To save the field of corn from the crows, we would shoot an old crow and hang him by his heels in the middle of the field. This was supposed to scare off all of the crows for miles around. The crows would hold a conference and say, "Look, there is a field of corn but don't go near it. I saw a dead crow over there!"

That's the kind of conference that Satan calls, and that is exactly what he has done. He has taken some fanatical, weird, wild-eyed Christians who do things that they shouldn't, and he has stationed them in the middle of God's cornfield, and warns, "Now, don't you go near that doctrine about the Holy Spirit because if you do, you will
    act just like these wild-eyed fanatics."

4. Rachel

Rachel New Member

Interesting!

5. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I like Tozer but I like John Dagg better.

“Every proposed method of salvation that leaves the issue dependent on human volition is defective. It has always been found that men will not come to Christ for life. The Gospel is preached to every creature; but all, with one consent, ask to be excused. The will of man must be changed; and this change the will cannot itself effect. Divine grace must here interpose. Unless God works in the sinner to will and to do, salvation is impossible.”

John Dagg [page 322, Manual of Theology]