1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Unbelievable

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by HAMel, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

As far as I'm concerned it does.

2. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

So, Jesus was a "knuckle dragging neanderthal"?

What about all David when he slew Goliath?

Can you explain your thinking on the many others in the Bible that were following God's commands when they were involved in violence?

3. Alive in Christ

Show me where our Lord "punched somebody out" to prove some point, or to "get even" with someone.

I seem to remember Him saying something about "turn the other cheek".

#23 Alive in Christ, Feb 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2011
  4. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

You'll have to forgive our "knuckle dragging Neanderthal" here at the Baptist Board, he seems to be in a bad mood and apparently is itching for a fight! :laugh:

5. Alive in Christ

I get that impression. :laugh:

6. Alive in Christ

I'll bet all of the brothers on here who are "good 'ol boys" have got all the scriptures circled that describe violence so they can be at ease when they "Slap somebody up side the head" for some silly reason.

:thumbs:

7. matt wade

Of course physical violence isn't always the best solution. The vast majority of the time physical violence is uncalled for and not proper at all. There are times when physical violence is called for. We see examples of it in the Bible.

I, unlike you, have an open mind and can accept that certain things are acceptable at certain times and not at others. Our Lord has shown us that physical violence is an acceptable solution at times. He himself used physical violence. If our Lord is the example of a "knuckle dragging Neanderthal", then I'll proudly be counted with Him.

8. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

You have this part perfected, evidently. Now, you might want to work on the "love for the brethren" part. You seem to be lacking in this department.

9. matt wade

How kind of you to attempt to tell me how I should interact with others. It seems, however, that you need to practice a bit yourself. In fact, didn't you, just a couple of posts ago, call me a ""knuckle dragging Neanderthal"? That sure demonstrates your ability for the "love for the brethren" part, doesn't it?

It's also interesting how you and Alive in Christ ignore the fact that Jesus used physical violence when appropriate. Would you care to comment on that, or are just here simply to attempt and insult me?

10. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

I disagree. I specialize in loving "knuckle dragging Neanderthal" brethren. I fit right in!

11. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

He needs some pills. A good daily dose of wellbutrin will turn him into a happy camper.

12. matt wade

Another couple of pot shots by the "loving Christians".

I see neither of your actually commented on the fact that Jesus used physical violence. What do you think about that?

It's also interesting that you still continue to throw insults at me jaigner, considering that multiple private messages you have sent me asking to be nice to you. Why don't you practice what you preach?

13. Alive in Christ

Matt...

They can speak for themselves, but I am still waiting for an answer to my question/statement, concerning the catastrophic failure that has occured when brothers in Christ resort to the degenerate state of resorting to physical violence to solve some problem.

Here it is again...

I continue to....tick...tock...tick...tock...wait........

14. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

The only question to be answered in this situation is, are these members immature Christians, or are they just plain lost?

15. Alive in Christ

I sure hope they are just incredibly immature christians, and not the other.

16. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Alright, I'll comment. I believe Jesus used more of a threat of physical violence toward other people. His violence was more toward the objects and not the people.

17. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

Against people? When? The temple cleansing? You have to read between the lines to suggest that Jesus ACTUALLY hit someone. When else?

18. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Have you abandoned your recent hyper theology teachings already?
    ;)

19. Baptist4life

Baptist4life Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    After reading through this thread, I can only say, if those people were anything like the people on here, I can see how the incident in the OP happened. I can see the same attitude in just 4 pages from you guys. I'm always amazed at the things "christians" say to each other on here. Sad.