1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Uncomfortable Question for Ted Cruz on Obamacare Silences the Room

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Zaac, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does that mean if anyone (including a tapeworm) questions what any person claims, the questioner has reading comprehension difficulties?

Regardless, many people have gone in for expensive medical procedures without coverage-- IOW they could not afford it-- what happened to them? Did they get the procedure? Or did they die, not being able to afford it? Should they have opted for the latter?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

What it means is that your silly little premise didn't hold water and now all you can do is call names.

What you think many people have done is irrelevant. His BIL didn't go because he couldn't afford healthcare. HE got healthcare through the ACA. You're just upset because his story shows that Obamacare has provided healthcare for folks who needed it. And because you and folks like you want this President to fail at everything, you don't want to recognize the good that passing the ACA has done.

I get it. You're one of those angry white men who has to blame Obama for everything to make yourself feel better. But that doesn't mean that everyone else has to accept your angry fantasies as the truth.

3. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, that ain't all I can do.

I haven't seen any good it's done. Threatening people, to the point of violence if needed, to buy insurance with a $6000 deductable ain't putting a L of a lot of diarrhea cases in doctor's offices when they know they'll likely set an appointment, without even asking them, to go to a hospital for a colonoscopy, which will take about $4000 out of their pockets. They can onlyh hope to cough up another $2000 so the coverage 'helps' them.

Well, keep it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think you're right there, Alcott, the brother-in-law couldn't have been indigent:

. . .For more than 20 years he owned The Clip Joint in Flagstaff, Arizona. He recently moved to open a new barber shop in Camp Verde. Mark had a big Irish heart and was generous in donating his time to the communities that he loved. Among his many civic activities included Vice President of the Ames, Iowa Campus Betterment, President of Ames Jaycee (1979-80), President of North Liberty Iowa Jaycees. In 1979, he was selected as Jaycee of the Year. A Carroll County scholarship for 1st generation college students was established with Mark's help nearly 10 years ago . . .
    Then it goes on to say how many friends he had in the NFL and in universities (look at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/michael-valde-284b8146). The Hillary supporter was full of it.

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Yeah, one trick is all ya got.

Thats; your opinion. HE and his BIL obviously had a different opinion.

Pure right wing fantasy as the government ain't threatening no one to the point of violence to make them buy insurance.

You've got a handfull of cases that you think support your point. The ACA has millions now insured to support the point that it has done some good.

Just like you need to keep your angry white man who doesn't want the current President to succeed at anything emotional breakdowns to yourself.Thumbsup

Another white person will be back in the office in about a year so you can calm back down.

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

We'd have to again assume that he had a barbershop. The way a lot of barbershops are run is that you rent a spot in someone else's shop and you are considered your own small business. He may or may not have had a shop. The story doesn't say.

7. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Per hand.

What is the government going to do? Say "Oh, please, sir, please, PLEASE buy insurance?" Or are they going to lay a fine, which if the person ignores, then a bigger fine, then a G-man at the door, which if they slam in his face, then an armed agent? Or a summons, which if they ignore, will result in the same thing?

Proof. "Millions?" I've heard that said when 'estimating' how many freckles a kid had. Prove THIS wrong: among those who bought insurance for the first time because of ACA, the majority still had no medical evaluations at all because it was already an additional expense, and useless to them unless the bill was more than $6000.

I don't care if the current president succeeds at anything emotional.

Sorry, Charlie. Only good-tasting race-baiters get a bite. And tapeworms ain't that good a bait.

8. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Routine physical examinations are completely covered by insurance under the ACA. As are eye tests. It's part of the law.

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fine. That would be great if that was who was really getting assistance with obamacare. It's not.

10. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I was a boy we lived in poverty of the worst kind in a New Orleans housing project with many more cockroaches than people. My stepfather was in prison. My mother received $9.00/month from the State of Louisiana and a give away of government surplus food. All of us were undernourished and underweight.
    I received streetcar fair and 20 cents a day for lunch.
    This is one of the reasons I support these kinds of entitlements.

I will say that the Salvation Army, the Catholic Church and the Masons did almost as much as the state (my stepfathers family was a masonic family) for us, especially at the winter holidays, we fed about 2o people (neighbors) with the turkey and food baskets the Free Masons gave us..

Food stamps did not exist but I know we would have been better off had they existed then.

HankD

11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What you describe appears to be genuine poverty. Poverty looks a lot different now.
    ----------------------------------
    "As scholar James Q. Wilson has stated, “The poorest Americans today live a better life than all but the richest persons a hundred years ago.”[3] In 2005, the typical household defined as poor by the government had a car and air conditioning. For entertainment, the household had two color televisions, cable or satellite TV, a DVD player, and a VCR. If there were children, especially boys, in the home, the family had a game system, such as an Xbox or a PlayStation.[4] In the kitchen, the household had a refrigerator, an oven and stove, and a microwave. Other household conveniences included a clothes washer, clothes dryer, ceiling fans, a cordless phone, and a coffee maker.

The home of the typical poor family was not overcrowded and was in good repair. In fact, the typical poor American had more living space than the average European. The typical poor American family was also able to obtain medical care when needed. By its own report, the typical family was not hungry and had sufficient funds during the past year to meet all essential needs."
    ------------------------------------------------

Even so, Obamacare has done almost nothing for these people that they didn't already have. Read the list of "exceptions" to the law that Obama has engineered. Then tell me who is really being helped by that abominable piece of trash legislation.