1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Unconfessed Sin

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by skypair, Aug 9, 2007.

1. skypair

skypair Active Member

Brother Bob,

Whoa, that other thread got way outta hand!

Actually, now you are thinking like a Catholic. Ad yes, his death might be hiw punishment for his own sin -- after 3 layers of chastisement.

Bob, the soul of the believer is justified from ALL sin of all time. If we have made a decision for Christ -- I know it sounds magnanimous -- but we are eternally forgiven because we give our lives over to believe on Christ and we won't continue in sin because of chastisement.

Dr Rogers again used to tell the story of the little boy who got in a fight with his neighbor and his mom told him to quit and make up. He did -- but soon as his mom's back was turned, he was at it again. So his mom spanked him. But as soon as she goes in, sonny is out there wailing on the neighbor boy again. So what is mom to do? Like God -- bring her boy in (physical death by way of parallel). That is the meaning of Heb 10:27 -- willful sin brings the expectation of chastisement and death.

Where eternal forgiveness that doesn't work out so well -- and God realizes it won't (too many temptations from the flesh -- is in the SPIRIT, our mind, emotions and will while we are still alive. The Holy Spirit is supposed to be guiding us into the LIFE of Christ. But the flesh still is trying to "guide" us, too. :praying: If we sin, we may, MAY, avoid chastisement through confession. God is merciful and understanding, tenderhearted. But if we continue, we have that fearful looking for of judgment (I always tell the postribbers that they're sin of getting the timing wrong is self-correcting since they live in fear of the tribulation.). The only way this can be viewed as "paying for" our sins is that "God is not mocked, whatsoever you reap, you will sow" HERE in this life. Make sense?

Anyway, no sin of the believer is damnable after this life. We will, of course, all stand before the Bema and have our spirits cleansed of what wasn't corrected down here IAW Phil 3:21. I may be living on the "poor side of town/NJ" for eternity but I'll be there!

skypair

#1 skypair, Aug 9, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2007
  2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

You say all sin even future is already paid for, then you tell me that by God taking a man's death that man paid for that sin again.
    Sorry, if Christ paid for all, there would be no need for any more payment for that sin, unless the blood did not really pay for all sins. It did or it didn't!

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Jesus paid for all of our sin, past, present, and future. Actually, those three terms are meaningless to God, since He is in eternity. The time element is a moot point.

4. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

What about these?

Hbr 6:4For [it is] impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

Hbr 6:6If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put [him] to an open shame.

Hbr 6:9¶But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.
    or this:

1Jo 5:16If any man see his brother sin a sin [which is] not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

or this:

1Jo 2:1¶My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

advocate; advocat, from Anglo-French, from Latin advocatus, from past participle of advocare to summon, from ad- + vocare to call, from voc-, vox voice — more at voice Date: 14th century 1: one that pleads the cause of another; specifically : one that pleads the cause of another before a tribunal or judicial court

paraklhtoV
    parakletos
    par-ak'-lay-tos
    an intercessor, consoler:--advocate, comforter.

Rom 8:34Who [is] he that condemneth? [It is] Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

#4 Brother Bob, Aug 9, 2007
  5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

The more I think about the ME doctrine, the more offensive it becomes. How could any Baptist, no, any non Catholic Christian, possibly come up with such a theory. This nonsense is almost an exact parallel to the Catholics purgatory or limbo. If one does not believe that Jesus paid for all of our sins, for all time, once, the one might as well join the Hindus. For those who make a living out of this and have been to seminary, find another job.

6. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I feel the same way about so called Christians in adultery, killing, stealing, lying, laying and partaking of all of the devils actions and still proclaiming to be Christlike.

7. npetreley

npetreley New Member

It also has a striking similarity to Islam, in that there is no guarantee of anything promised, and no guidelines for anything earned.

The difference is that, in ME, we ARE guaranteed eternal life AFTER the millennium. Islam guarantees nothing. That's how they differ. But the millennial kingdom thing is just like Islam in that nobody can tell you how much good you must do, and you must worry if you missed any sin that you may not have recognized or confessed. You simply have to live in fear and hope you've done enough to stay out of hell for 1,000 years. That's one reason why some Islamic extremists blow themselves up. Since there are no guarantees, at least a martyr has a better chance than your average joe.

8. npetreley

npetreley New Member

I agree 100%. But I think the operative words are "so-called". While I have no authority to say who's saved and who is not, I'm guessing that when a so-called Christian commits adultery and then tries to justify it, I will SUSPECT they may not really be saved. Suspect is as far as I'm willing to go, though, because I don't KNOW, and that person may have an ephiphany and repent.

9. skypair

skypair Active Member

First off, your sentence doesn't make sense. Are you objecting to my saying that God takes a man's life in "payment" for his sin??

That would not be correct. Think of it this way, Bob, God "recalls His ambassador" because he/she is not an ambassador anymore. Do you get it now?

Our sins have consequences. I'm sure you know that but what you disregard is that the consequences in eternity for the believer are paucity of rewards -- not hell.

skypair

#9 skypair, Aug 9, 2007
  10. skypair

skypair Active Member

How about someone who curses God, npeterely? Would Job have been lost if he cursed God?? You need to get your doctrine straightened out with scripture before you go speculating about another's salvation, son.

skypair

11. skypair

skypair Active Member

GOOD! Finally, someone "gets it!!"

(Thought I'd do that in FedEx colors since that is where I fly!! :laugh:

skypair

#11 skypair, Aug 9, 2007
  12. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

So, hit the town all you Christians and sin all you want. The world can't sin or they will go to hell, but you can sin all you want for whatever you do, you still are covered. I don't care if you do put God to an open shame, "go for it"!!!
    If what you say is "it", then I been believing and preaching the wrong thing for 35 years. Foolish me, I thought Christians were "Christlike".

I always did believe that if I left my wife and daughter around a group of brothers that I did not have to worry about some of them "hitting" on them. Guess that was just completely foolish of me.

#12 Brother Bob, Aug 9, 2007
  13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Bob, you keep erecting this strawman. Nobody is saying to go out and commit all of the sin we want to. The fact is we are going to sin. That's a given. What's not a given is the fact you will get a chance to confess that sin before you breathe your last breath. We ALL are going to die with unconfessed sin. The ME'ers would have you think you will pay for that sin for a thousand years...your camp states they will pay for that sin for eternity. I'll stand by the fact we are saved by grace, through faith, and we will never perish.

14. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

It is what I live and die by. Notice the scripture below say to preserve, not fix it at the end. It is not a straw man, but something every Christian better take to heart. Most on here believe as you do, so I would think you fellows sure have to keep close watch on your wives and children when around the "saved", if it true they can do all these things and will do these things. I am not a ME'er, there is a lot of difference in believeing you never been saved and your good works will cleanse your sins. The reason Jesus is an advocate for our sins, though you believe they were all paid for at the cross, along with the rest, is to plead our sins as Christians to the Father so we be not condemned with the world. We are kept by the power of God, and led by His Spirit, which does not led us to adultery, stealing, killing. We are Christlike and Christians do not do those things, I don't care who believes they do, for scripture says whosoever that does do them will not be saved.

1Th 5:23¶And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and [I pray God] your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

15. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

That sounds like the predominant attitude of the Russians here locally, FWIW. No one will rent videos to them becuase they don't feel obligated to return them to the "infidels", and if they get blacklisted, they will just simply send another child (out of 12 or more) in to get the next membership.

Our local library lost 1,109 books last year. 1,018 of them were Russian. Same attitude, but the government can't discriminate like a private business owner can.

I guess stealing is all A-OK, as long as you're covered!

16. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

No one that I know of for miles and miles around where I live, believe that, I don't care what denomination they are, they believe a Christian is better than that.

17. Jeep Dragon

Jeep Dragon Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The question I have for all the millennium exclusioners and Lordship salvationists is who's or what standards do you base eternal/millennium security on? how "perfect" or "close to perfect" does one have to be?

Isn't thinking lustful thoughts sin? Do we confess every single lustful thought we have in order to be saved? There is always someone within each of those camps who has "higher standards" than we do who may look at us the same way we look at other and not think that they are saved because they do not meet our standards.

What do we base our assurance of salvation on? The fact that we feel like we are a good person means that we are saved? I really want to know the assurance of salvation. Every time I ask I either get no reply or generic statements like "deny oneself", "follow Christ", "take up your cross."

I want to know what the assurance. Where do you draw the LINE? We will always struggle with sin, we will always have bad thoughts. Where is the assurance?

18. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Bingo. There is no assurance. It's all based on works, and even with all the mumbo jumbo the ME folks "find" in the Bible, they can't seem to find out what's necessary to qualify for the kingdom. Isn't that strange? The same God, who wrote the detailed law we could NOT follow, couldn't manage to dictate the rules we CAN follow in order to qualify for the kingdom?

So not only does ME put Christians back into bondage to the law, it puts them back into an UNDEFINED bondage with no clear guidelines on qualifications or disqualifications, and no guarantees of anything. Wow, that's some knee-slappin' good news, eh? Let's partay.

19. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

The assurance of your spiritual salvation is all throughout the Scriptures, based on nothing but accepting the free offer that has been presented. Acts 16:31 is the only place where the question is both asked and answered: "What must I do to be saved?"

"Believe (plus nothing) on the Lord Jesus and you will (no maybe about it) be saved."

But, when you're born from above, just like a human baby, that's just the beginning of your life. You have to grow and mature from there.

But, no matter what, unless God is a liar, nothing we can do in this life can earn, help us keep, or make us lose our spiritual salvation. That is based entirely upon the finished work of Jesus on the cross.

20. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Heresy! You're a heretic!

Oooh, you've been owned!

(We may now continue with our regularly scheduled discussion, now that I've school npetreley using his own standards.)

Bob, sadly, there are many around here who do that, but I honestly cannot tell you if they are saved or not. Some of them think they are saved simply because they belong to the Russian Orthodox Church. Others, can answer the question of "What must I do to be saved?", but think you have to be a member of the ROC to be saved.

Not all the Russians are bad people, though. It's just a predominant trait among them. Many of them are fine, upstanding citizens, who seem to love their neighbors as themselves. (They also consider DUI to be a sport in general.)