1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Under Grace or Under Law Part 4

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Claudia_T, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Under Grace or Under Law Part 4
    ok lets continue!

We talked on another thread about being Under the Law or Under Grace. I would like to see if we can come to some sort of an understanding on this...

1. Does anyone think they can be sinless?

2. Do we have to and can we keep the Law of God?

3. Does being Under Grace null out the Law of God?

What is YOUR interpretation of Romans Chapter 6 here?

Romans 6:
    6: Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
    7: For he that is dead is freed from sin.
    8: Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
    9: Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
    10: For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
    11: Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
    12: Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
    13: Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
    14: For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
    15: What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
    16: Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
    17: But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
    18: Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

#1 Claudia_T, Jan 20, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2007
  2. D28guy

D28guy New Member

Something.

:laugh:

3. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

thank you.

#3 Claudia_T, Jan 20, 2007
  4. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Fell free to start out posting to this thread in whatever way you wish to.

#4 Claudia_T, Jan 20, 2007
  5. Diggin in da Word

Diggin in da Word New Member

1. no
    2. yes
    3. no

Paul is admonishing the reader to turn from sin for one who yeilds his members to is servant to that master.

Paul said in another epistle:

Ephesians 5:2-6 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour. But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks. For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.

#5 Diggin in da Word, Jan 20, 2007
  6. D28guy

D28guy New Member

I wonder why we have to start these new threads?

It would seem to me that 4 threads with 30 pages each would not take up any more bandwidth (whatever that is) than 1 thread with 120 pages to it.

Do you think its some kind of a decoy to hide something else? :eek:

Mike

7. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

well I think its helpful to discuss these things, I know I have learned alot from the threads so far that I hadnt ever thought of before.

#7 Claudia_T, Jan 20, 2007
  8. D28guy

D28guy New Member

Diggin,

Praise God. Great New Covenant truth there.

And we will live with Him. Praise the Lord.

And that is how we should reckon ourselves.

Praise God we are new creations now, born of God and eternally secure, and we should live in the goodness of that understanding.

And it wont Why? The rest of the verse...

Continueing...

Yes, God forbid. We should never do that.

Nothing good will come from it when we sin. Our witness and testimony is diminished. There are consequences in this life. God will discipline us. Loss of rewards when we enter into eternity with God.

Glory to God! Wonderful passages of scripture. Rich truth for our benefit.

Hope this helps,

Mike

9. D28guy

D28guy New Member

Claudia,

You misunderstood, sister Claudia. All I was saying is that it seems to me that letting one thread go for hundreds of pages is just as good as have 3 or 4 different threads of 30 pages each..

I dont understand having to start all over with each new thread, thats all I meant.

I , like you, think these discussions are very beneficial.

Blessings,

Mike

10. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Mike,

It was just that I was trying to beat you to starting a new thread and I figured the way to do that was to hurriedly copy and paste the same stuff from the first one I had started :)

I know that has got to be SOME sort of a sin, but just not sure what category it would fall under.

11. Diggin in da Word

Paul did indeed say we are unto reckon ourselves dead to sin but alive unto Christ.

How can one say they are dead to sin and also claim that the can sinand not reap the penalty of unconfessed and unrepented of?

12. Diggin in da Word

If one willfully sins after coming to the knowledge of the truth, one will suffer more than loss of rewards. Hebrews says they should look forward to God's Wrath.

Again, Ezekiel 18 says if the one that is righteous turns from his righteous and does abominations, he shall die.

They that are unclean shall not inherit the kingdom of heaven.

He shall die? He can look forward to God's wrath? Shall not inherit the kingdom? Sounds like more than loss of rewards.

13. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Speaking of WRATH, when John the Baptist said this:

Lk:3:7: Then said he to the multitude that came forth to be baptized of him, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

He also then told the people that their fruits would show what character of tree they were and that God would cut them down and toss them into the fire if they didnt bear proper fruit.

8: Bring forth therefore fruits worthy of repentance, and begin not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, That God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.
    9: And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: every tree therefore which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

14. D28guy

D28guy New Member

Diggin,

The word of God...

God bless,

Mike

15. D28guy

D28guy New Member

Brother Bob,

You said, on the previous edition of this thread...

Hey! Thats encouraging to me. It really is. Is this a recent thing they have started? God might be fixing to send some showers of "living water" into your group there. I little tidbit of understanding like that could turn into a mighty revival of freedom and great spiritual renewal.

I hope and pray thats the case. :thumbs:

God bless,

Mike

16. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Quote:
    1 Corinthians 3:11-15
    "[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]3:12 Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]3:13 each one's work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one's work, of what sort it is. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]3:14 If anyone's work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]3:15 If anyone's work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire. [/FONT]

------------------------

#16 Claudia_T, Jan 20, 2007
  17. D28guy

D28guy New Member

18. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

ok I stuck that up there for you, hope you dont mind

19. D28guy

D28guy New Member

What happened to my post? The one where I gave you the scripture reference?

Mike

20. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: Speeding! That’s it, speeding!:laugh: