1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Under Grace or Under Law?...Round 3

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by D28guy, Jan 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D28guy

D28guy New Member

Claudia,

I can assure you I do. Praise God...\o/...I do.

Grace Peace,

Mike

2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

You know D28; some of our brethren instead of saying we keep the Commandments. They say the Lord put them in our hearts and our minds and we don't keep them, they keep us.

1Pe 1:5Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

#342 Brother Bob, Jan 20, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2007
  3. D28guy

D28guy New Member

Claudia,

It depends on what you mean when you say "obey the Law".

If you mean that we go to where it says "You shall not lie, and if you do you will be condemned" and you clench you fists real hard and you say "I'm not gonna! I'm not gonna! I'm not gonna lie!", then you are back under Law and under its curse. It doesnt mean your lost. Your still His child, but you living so far beneath where God wants you. You are disobeying Gods admonition for you to leave the Law relm and move into the living water of Holy Spirit filled growth under the New Covenant and its freedom.

If you mean by that that we are to live in the freedom and eternal security of of our position as eternal children of God, and walk in dependance on Jesus Christ living in and through us...walking "in the newness of the Spirit" rather than the oldness of the letter...then you are correct.

Jesus taught...

You will not get living water from the Law. You can only get it from the Spirit. And we are to walk "in the newness of the Spirit, and not the oldness of the letter". Because "the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life."

God bless you,

Mike

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Time to close this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.