1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Underrated Authors

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by Rippon, Apr 28, 2007.

1. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who would you nominate as an underappreciated , living Christian writer of the past 30 years or so ? This person writes valuable works , but is not as well-known as he/she should be . I have somone in mind . But there could be a vast number of opinions on this one . Perhaps I have neglected reading some books of authors that you think are worthwhile .

2. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well , Your Responses Have Been Underwhelming

The author I would suggest as being underrated these days is ... Jerry Bridges . Like so many others , he will be more appreciated after his death . He is quite biblical , drinking from Puritan wells , but putting across ideas in modern dress . His writing style is not academic , but personal , edifying and very practical . I would highly recommend reading a couple of his books -- your soul will be blessed . Here are a few titles .

The Practice Of Godliness
    Transforming Grace
    The Gospel For Real Life
    Trusting God
    The Pursuit Of Holiness

3. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bump . Aren't there any current authors you think should be better appreciated ? I'd be interested in knowing which ones you favor , though underrated by many Christians .