1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Understanding both sides of the debate

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by I Am Blessed 24, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Don't forget: you are the one who was discussing "how information is presented........" </font>[/QUOTE]I didn't respond to that point, Baptist in Richmond, because, on the face of it, it seemed more like a question about the creditials of a guest on the shows who made the claim rather than about the political affilation - conservative or liberal - of any of the parties involved. I don't typically watch either FoxNews or MSNBC and this particular subject would not have interested me even if I'd been aware of it. If the claim is untrue then it should be corrected regardless.

2. OCC

OCC Guest

Well since Bush supposedly leans to the left himself...and he apparently wants supreme power over the minds of the people...then I guess it is a "liberal media". I don't know though...the conservatives I hear such as Hannity are even more annoying and biased than liberals. [​IMG]

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Both sides of the debate in the mainstream media is controlled and scripted by the CFR. Both parties are bent on building an American Union and scraping the constititution and bill of rights in favor of a global government.

4. OCC

OCC Guest

"Of course, we can count on the US Immigration Service to screen you very thoroughly and do an extensive background check before you are allowed in, right?"

They pretty much do that...to old ladies and young men with no criminal history going to baseball games.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I will agree only to the point that I think that Rush Limbaugh is a nicer person to those who disagree with conservatism than Sean Hannity is.

6. OCC

OCC Guest

I will agree only to the point that I think that Rush Limbaugh is a nicer person to those who disagree with conservatism than Sean Hannity is. </font>[/QUOTE][​IMG] Ken

Hannity wasn't always so bad when I listened to him but he had some "inconsistencies" and he got irritating.

7. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Then you need to read what I said again.

Here you go:
    On their shows, Sean Hannity and Joe Scarborough repeatedly identified that neurologist as a "Nobel prize" nominee, and that claim was not only patently false, it was completely absurd. Hannity mentioned this numerous times when the neurologist was on Hannity & Colmes, and it WAS NOT TRUE. I never heard Hannity correct himself, and cannot find where he did online.

So, exactly what do you watch, the "liberal media?"

8. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

I see very little of a liberal media left, outside the fledgling Air America radio network, and some PBS programs. Rush Limbaugh has been spewing his drug-induced reactionary tirades for years, Faux News Channel is a PR arm of the Bush White House, and MSNBC isn't much better (although they do have Ron Reagan as a liberal commentator. CNN is more moderate, but not as liberal as when Ted Turner ran the show.

9. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

From what I observe. it does appear that major news networks minus Fox have adressed conservative views and are not at biased towards conservatism as they used to be. As for Fox it seems they are truely making efforts to be more fair and balanced than they have in the past but still remain mostly conservative in idealology.

10. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

Oh what are the Fox Viewers going to do
    when Rupert comes out for Hillary. ;)

If they only new Bill was really a moderate
    Republican and Hillary was the "Goldwater Girl"
    ;)